Solutions Engineer, Manager at Unity
Unity is recruiting an experienced Lead Solutions Engineer to partner with our North American business development team to drive new partnerships within our core games business. As a leading member of the North American business development team, you will build and lead a team that is on the front lines with our most strategic customers to help design comprehensive technical solutions that meet their critical business requirements. You will be instrumental in ensuring the success of our highest-profile customer productions and collaborate with Unity engineering teams to advocate for the customer.
We aren’t looking for someone that meets expectations; we want someone that exceeds them. We look for people that can build a team that is able to approach any challenge with diplomacy, remain cool under pressure and possess a no-problem-too-big-or-too-small attitude. Ideally, you will have a background in leading game development teams involving multiple parties, including; developers, publishers, contractors, and other third parties. Your role will involve leading a team that meets clients, provides support, and gives technical demonstrations on the Unity product portfolio. This role can be performed from any Unity North American office or remote.
- Build relationships with technical decision makers, positioning Unity as the key thought leader in the Gaming industry, thus becoming a trusted advisor to the customer
- Demonstrate leadership as a technical expert in the use of the Unity product portfolio for the purpose of leading an engineering team that is able to take that expertise into the field (Unity editor and included features)
- Consult in-depth with developers who are planning or already using Unity
- Create adoption of Unity within game development studios not yet using Unity
- Enable your team to design, build, and run proof of concepts with prospective customers
- Position yourself as a go-to consultative resource and solutions expert for the greater business development team
- Support business development partners with technical consultations pre and post sale
- Actively seek field based innovations that will take our customers projects to the next level
- Provide product development recommendations and technical data to Unity’s R&D and Product Management teams as a strong internal advocate for our customers
- Experience in leading a customer facing, pre-sales, solutions engineering, or field engineering role
- Experience in working closely with Business Development, or other revenue generating, teams
- Demonstrated track record of customer centric service, consistent on time delivery of custom customer solutions, and team first approach
- Have shipped games professionally, either built on Unity or other tech (both is preferable)
- Have shipped game titles on a multitude of platforms (mobile, console, PC, etc.)
- Experience using Unity, or other development engines, in either a production or solutions capacity with solid C# skills (C++ is a bonus)
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
- Experience in gameplay programming or other core game development areas preferred
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude with the ability to communicate diplomatically, confidently, and effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or a related field / equivalent applicable experience
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.