Solutions Engineer, Technology Partnerships
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
As a Solutions Engineer based in our Austin Four Points Office you will enable our strategic technology partners to better integrate with BigCommerce merchants and use your unparalleled consultative skills to help our partners understand the BigCommerce platform and customer lifecycle. The right candidate will possess strong client relationship skills, the ability to communicate effectively, and the creativity to engineer solutions for the ever growing world of eCommerce partners.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as product subject matter expert to assist the Strategic Business Development team by providing technical expertise, assistance troubleshooting issues, and identifying expansion opportunities.
- Help 3rd party solution partners navigate all phases of a project (requirements, design, implementation, and operations) by:
- Performing analysis and recommending solutions, leveraging new, existing, and emerging services, technologies, and platforms in a services and sales oriented environment
- Identifying and translating partner needs into a clear set of requirements for downstream feasibility and estimation.
- Developing solutions-based designs for partners who desire outsourced infrastructure options to enhance their own technical capabilities
- Ensuring the solutions are scalable and meet overall business requirements
- Collaborating with BigCommerce product and engineerings teams and partners to drive solution feasibility/estimates
- Performing POC on new use cases as per business-technical needs
- Recommending 3rd party systems integrators, and working with them to develop implementation plan, and serve as a BigCommerce liaison to implement solutions
- Assisting the systems integrators with installation, deployment, training, technical check-ups, and escalation management
- Providing technical advice regarding architectural questions, solution deployment prerequisites and features to partners and internal stakeholders.
- Organizing additional technical resources within the organization to address partner needs when necessary.
- Work with Product Management to help drive appropriate product enhancements and lead “Voice of the (Technology) Partner” initiative.
- Work with Global teams as required
Who you are
- Sales/Solutions Engineering experience assessing needs and designing and implementing integration solutions with enterprise SaaS platforms and applications
- BA/BS in technology or technical discipline or equivalent experience required
- Ideal work experience would include all of the following: technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, development, and deployment.
- Excellent communications skills – both verbal and writing with experience producing detailed requirements and design documentation to be leveraged as inputs to design/development and SOWs
- Skill in working with partners to develop and deliver solution roadmap guidance and plan across major versions of our software and service offerings.
- Proven Project Management skills and experience leading large cross-functional projects
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Excellent and proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient with common office applications, including MS Office Suite, Lucid Charts, Salesforce, and Project Management software.
- Periodic travel will likely be required
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.