Wheel is bringing the future of work to healthcare. Wheel is a first-of-its-kind enterprise that provides healthcare clients access to a flexible workforce of virtual care clinicians, and the tech-enabled infrastructure required to mobilize it rapidly and compliantly to improve patient access to care. Our mission is to change the way healthcare works by putting clinicians first, because happier clinicians make healthier patients. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, and recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work, Best Small Company to Work For and Best Paying Company. Wheel is venture-backed by top investors with a track-record of growth-- and we’re building an amazing team of Wheelies. Come join us! Check out a recent Crunchbase article about our growth.
Our ValuesWe believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
You are the technical lynchpin through the entire client lifecycle - pre and post-sales. You will work closely with our prospects and customers to educate, empower, and ensure their success on the Wheel platform. Your technical expertise in Wheel’s technology will allow you to find best-fit solutions for prospects, train and onboard new customers, thorough documentation, and support the long-term success of the customer. As an Implementation Engineer, you are the technical customer advocate within Wheel. To aid your customers, you will work closely with every team at Wheel, from Sales and Product, through to Engineering and Client Success. Your goal of customer success should drive you through the entire organization as you seek out and create solutions for your customer’s needs.
- Drive technical discussions and implementations to help generate new business, expand existing business, and keep our customers happy.
- Tasked with qualification of prospect and customer use cases, technical requirements discovery, leading demonstrations, and solution identification and design.
- Help each customer on-board during their technical integration phase, and project manage the work needed at the client and Wheel to launch.
- For our existing customers, advises the customer on technical best practices, and implementation of Wheel’s products and features.
- You are the first point of contact for responding to customer’s technical questions and alerting customers to potential issues with their integrations.
- Be the first point of contact for internal teams to answer questions about our products and integrations, and triage and fix technical issues
- Build dashboards and alerts to help us ensure that Wheel’s customers are receiving top-notch service.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams on customer needs, and identify solutions and timelines.
- 2 years minimum experience with a B2B SaaS API-centric product - you’re familiar with the needs of customers integrating with a SaaS platform
- 3 years minimum of experience in a customer-facing sales or consulting role
- Work cross-functionality to create and execute project plans to ensure successful Wheel clients launches
- You can communicate complex concepts clearly to a wide variety of audiences; both technical and non-technical
- Technical curiosity and passion: Wheel is at the cutting edge of healthcare technology, and our Solutions Engineers are viewed as subject-matter experts. It’s incumbent on us to stay up to date not only with Wheel’s specific products but with industry trends.
- A focus on learning, teaching, collaboration, mentorship, and growth, not only personally but also within the team and company.
- Aside from technical and collaborative skills, we place a high value on relationship building and EQ.
- You've built web applications before or contributed to existing web applications in a meaningful way.
- You're not afraid of command-line interfaces or analyzing HTTP requests and responses in a browser’s web inspector.
- Understanding of, or experience with, regulatory requirements such a PCI DSS, HIPAA, and SOC-2.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups: women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender non-conforming, first and second-generation immigrants, veterans and people from different socioeconomic background. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equity, equality, and prosperity for all so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.
Read Full Job Description