Founded in 2017, Living Security’s mission is to help prevent cybersecurity breaches with a human risk management solution that does more than meet compliance needs, it also truly changes behavior. Living Security believes empowering people is the key to ending cybersecurity breaches, picking up where traditional security awareness training drops off. Gamified learning and immersive experiences engage and educate users, while the science-backed, tech-enabled platform uniquely provides CISOs the ability to measure training efficacy and program ROI.
Named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work, the Living Security team is composed of 50+ cybersecurity professionals committed to transforming security awareness training as we know it and turning end users into the enterprise’s greatest asset against cybercrime. Living Security is trusted by security-minded organizations like CVS Health, MasterCard, Verizon, MassMutual, Biogen, AmerisourceBergen, Hewlett Packard, JP Morgan, and Target. Learn more at www.livingsecurity.com.
While we take our mission seriously, we have a lot of fun while executing!Job Description
OUR DREAM CANDIDATE is a highly analytical, experienced, and collaborative engineer who has the hunger to achieve something great. You'll be joining an early stage company that is growing at an accelerating rate. You'll get as much out of the experience as you put into it. We want someone who will do whatever it takes - not just to help Living Security fix security awareness, but because you want to make an impact.
As the Solutions Engineer, you are a critical driver of customer success working directly with existing and prospective clients to help them achieve their goals through the use of Living Security products. You'll bring experience, enthusiasm, and motivation to client facing interactions in which you will lead technical troubleshooting, diagnose the cause of any issues (enterprise network issues, user specific challenges, application problems, etc.) and when possible, resolve the issue directly. In this role, you will be the key technical advisor to the sales team, working very closely with the product management and engineering teams, and serve as a vital product advocate in front of Enterprise prospects and customers.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will develop expert knowledge and proficiency in our offerings. You will be an integral part of the centralized Enablement Team working closely with feature development teams, all within the Engineering organization. This role will be responsible for articulating our technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. You will become an escalation point for all software-related issues, primarily originating from production environments. The challenges you will be faced with will be complex in nature, require advanced troubleshooting skills, intricate knowledge of the product functionality, significant exposure to the code base, and in-depth understanding of operational dependencies.
Your ability to effectively triage, reproduce, troubleshoot, document, and resolve issues for developers will be critical for the quality of the software services we provide and the resulting satisfaction of the customer base.
You will be responsible for the clear articulation of Living Security’s technical and product positioning to business and technical stakeholders and creating strong relationships with them throughout the sales and implementation lifecycle.
- Work closely with internal team members as well as clients business and IT teams to identify and resolve issues
- Build strong relationships and confidence in clients related to Living Security product offerings
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Be responsible for reproducing, debugging and resolving client issues.
- If issues remain, report such defects to Client Operations for immediate resolution or future consideration.
- Provide product training and mentorship to Junior Support staff
- Document all issues escalated from Tier 1 or 2 Support
- Ensure customer and partner inquiries are responded to within established timeframes and customer care and Technical Support service levels are achieved
- Proactively identify changes we can make to our application to make our customers’ jobs easier
- 5+ years experience in client facing, technical Sales or Support roles for SaaS software solutions or distributed systems
- Must have experience troubleshooting network, VPN, and firewall issues
- General to advanced knowledge of Python is required to understand how parts of the application should work and to help identify where bugs may be originating, ability to follow and debug code
- Advanced database experience (SQL)
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn about our customers’ business requirements and expectations
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Investigative curiosity and root cause analysis skills
- Specific experience in the Cybersecurity world is a plus, but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Located in Austin
- Knowledge of distributed computing principles, enterprise storage configurations and their usages
- Experience in Cybersecurity domain
- Lead or collaborated with international teams
- BS in CS, CE or similar field
- Azure AD
Perks of Living Security:
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401(k), HSA with employer contribution, FSA
- Financial Wellness Program/Financial Advisor
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Responsible unlimited PTO policy and paid holidays
- Gender-neutral parental leave
- Some work remote and flex-time options
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.