Splunk Engineer - Services TechOps
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
This is a DevOps Splunk Engineer position on the CrowdStrike Services TechOps team. On the Services TechOps team, DevOps Engineers build, maintain, and improve Splunk infrastructure used by the team to perform its incident response and defense missions. We are looking for a skilled DevOps Engineer who can contribute to our team which is responsible for Splunk systems that run in AWS as well as in CrowdStrike data centers
- Design, build, implement, maintain, and scale Splunk clusters to support operational missions
- Respond to and troubleshoot issues or outages providing thorough root cause analysis
- Participate in, and at times lead, backend engineering efforts from rapid prototypes to large-scale applications using Splunk
- Be an energetic "self-starter" with the ability to take ownership and be accountable for deliverables
- Brainstorm, define, and build collaboratively with members across multiple team
- Constantly re-evaluate our product to improve architecture, knowledge models, user experience, performance and stability.
What You’ll Need:
- Deep experience with Splunk administration and development
- Good knowledge of Splunk search processing language (SPL), reporting, dashboards, and search acceleration techniques
- Experience administering Splunk, especially clusters and bundle replication, custom search commands, data models, and KV Store
- Good knowledge of Splunk data ingestion, field extraction and post-ingestion processing
- Linux systems administration, bash scripting
- Configuration management automation using Chef
- Experience utilizing AWS services in a production environment
- Container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience programming with the Splunk REST API
- Python scripting, automation through scripts
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.