Sr. Cloud Engineer, Cloud Workload Protection Platform (Remote) at CrowdStrike
About the role:
Cloud Workload Protection Platform (CWPP) is a brand new and a key product area for CrowdStrike. We’re extending CrowdStrike’s mission of “stopping breaches” into the public cloud and cloud native workloads. CrowdStrike’s CWPP offering will give customers the ability to monitor and track their cloud native workloads as well as hardening and protecting them against attacks prior to deployment. This offering will help with defending against potential adversary activities involving cloud native resources. When coupled with Falcon, CrowdStrike’s endpoint security offering, our CWPP offering will provide a more comprehensive perspective on how the adversary is targeting key customer infrastructure. Our ultimate goal is to providing a single platform for securing the entire lifecycle of cloud workloads.
- Lead backend engineering efforts from rapid prototypes to large-scale applications across CrowdStrike products
- Leverage and build cloud-based systems to detect targeted attacks and automate cyber threat intelligence production at a global scale
- Brainstorm, define, and build collaboratively with members across multiple teams
- Obsess about learning, and champion the newest technologies & tricks with others, raising the technical IQ of the team
- Work in a startup-like environment with a small fast-moving team
- Be mentored and mentor other developers on web, backend and data storage technologies and our system
- Constantly re-evaluate our product to improve architecture, knowledge models, user experience, performance and stability
- Be given the autonomy to own your work in a high trust environment
- Use and give back to the open source community
The technology stack you’ll use will include:
- Go (Golang)
- Degree in Computer Science (or professional experience in data structures/algorithms/distributed systems)
- Understanding scalability and distributed systems i.e. sharding, partitioning, concurrency, etc
- Being a team player
- A thorough understanding of engineering best practices from appropriate testing paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architecture.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, test-driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment.
- The skills to meet your commitments on time and produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
Bonus points awarded for…
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging)
- Existing exposure to Go, Scala, AWS, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch...
- Prior experience in the cybersecurity or intelligence fields