Sr. Developer Experience Engineer - Duo Security at Duo Security
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:18 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.Duo's mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge - transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that's why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.As a Sr. Developer Experience Engineer you will help build our developer tooling to make our Duo Engineers the best engineers they can be for backend and frontend development. Work with engineers, analyze Developer Workflows and optimize through our tooling or new tooling and process that help improve Developer Productivity. Help ensure we have a performant local feedback that matches execution in continuous integration and deployment pipeline and assures that code is passing all tests and gates in the pipeline hosted in the cloud and on premise.What you will do...
- Help grow our tooling to support Developer Experience; building Developer Confidence, optimize Developer Workflow, help ensure a manageable end to end Developer Lifecycle and help with Infrastructure and Support of our build system.
- Partner with dev and the product team to collect feedback and work on continuous improvements.
- Internal Developer Platform Tooling, Pipeline Creation (CI) and Optimization, Build Optimization, Infrastructure Support and Monitoring, etc. are things you work on from day to day.
- Define, measure and publish metrics to measure developer experience and build quality and help the team improve them. You will understand priorities and risks and help focus our efforts on where they matter the most.
- Work with our Duo Engineers to understand their needs and help develop solutions to make them more efficient engineers in the Duo build ecosystem.
- Work with mobile apps, backend Linux services, SAAS products etc, thus growing the breadth and depth of your knowledge. Learn on the job, every single day and become the best Build Engineer and Quality professional you possibly can be!
- Leading a small team of engineers and demonstrated impact in an organization
- Enhancing Developer Experience and Productivity; proven backend (python, bash), frontend (node, react) and productivity tooling and improved Developer Workflow
- Continuous Integration/Delivery like Gitlab, Jenkins, Circle-ci, Travis, buildbot among others
- Cloud services and supporting APIs like AWS (preferred), Google Cloud Engine, Azure, Openstack
- Container experience with Docker (preferred) and Orchestration with Kubernetes
- Continuous Configuration Automation tools like ansible and terraform
- Solid Linux skills
- Scripting and strongly typed Languages like python (+1), bash (+1), ruby, go, java, c#, swift