Sr. DevOps Engineer - Airbrake at LogicMonitor
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS-based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
Right now, we are working from home temporarily due to Covid. Normally, our Austin team works downtown in the San Jacinto Center. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged - regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We encourage all people to come as they are.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity and treat each other fairly and with respect. We strive to find our own versions of personal and professional harmony through community building and holistic growth. We hear time and time again that our awesome people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their teams, and choose to stay.
To learn more about life at LogicMonitor, check out our Careers Page.
What You’ll Do:
This role will take a lead in the operational uptime and continued expansion of Airbrake's production infrastructure by serving as a technical architect and a facilitator of operational excellence. Responsibilities include designing and implementing new production infrastructure to support service-based (SOA) software across global physical and cloud data centers as well as providing guidance in organizing, securing and automating existing infrastructure and deployments. This position will work with developers and provide feedback to force operational performance improvements within the Airbrake product platform and operations infrastructure.
- Maintain uptime of Airbrake's SaaS based service and drive technical/process enhancements to improve uptime
- Manage and monitor critical infrastructure such as Kubernetes clusters and database systems
- Drive improvements to the deployment process
- Design and deploy new infrastructure components, including managed cloud services
- Ensure security of the production environment
- Write code to automate various aspects of infrastructure maintenance and deployments
- Support development and work closely with developers to drive operational and architecture/design changes
- Own and execute large and technically complex projects while interacting with multiple teams
- Consistently lead by example in providing good documentation, thorough runbooks, attention to detail, and completeness in work.
- Provide alignment between business objectives and the team's pursuit of technology improvements
- Develop and maintain relationships with other groups within LogicMonitor to help ensure the forward trajectory of the company
What You’ll Need:
- 6+ years hands-on experience and strong understanding of Linux system administration
- 2-5+ years working with managed cloud services, especially Amazon Web Services
- Experience with container-native technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with databases (PostgreSQL, Redis) in both administration and querying
- Experience in various application scaling methodologies, including (but not limited to) load balancers, scaling groups
- Experience with monitoring, metrics, and log management tools like Prometheus, Kibana, and Grafana
- Experience with configuration management tools, especially Ansible
Residents of California, click Here to view our California Applicant Privacy Notice.