Sr DevOps Engineer at OutboundEngine
OutboundEngine is one of the fastest growing tech startup companies in the nation, ranked number 95 by Inc. Magazine. We are based out of Austin, Texas, where we have been named a "Best Place to Work" winner for the last four years by the Austin Business Journal.
Since 2012, OutboundEngine has helped over 9,000 small and medium sized business owners market themselves by doing it for them. We create original content for our clients, automate their email campaigns, update their social media profiles, surface their best leads and ultimately help them drive repeat and referral business.
OutboundEngine is looking for a talented Senior DevOps engineer with hands-on programming, release engineering and configuration management skills. You will work closely with engineering, QA, and product teams to help define how we build, test and ship our products. You must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment, and must be able to prioritize, multi-task and manage your workload. You will collaborate with development teams to improve existing processes with automation and industry best practices for continuous integration and delivery.
- Extend existing Terraform & Ansible based tools to meet the requirements of in house engineering and offshore teams
- Maintain and improve existing CI infrastructure (Jenkins)
- Automate or codify repetitive tasks in order to aid workflows of team members
- Maintain and update test and production environments for company’s web applications
- Manage legacy tooling while migrating apps to newer tooling (containerization, etc.)
- Create and maintain centralized logging and alerting solutions
- Respond promptly to production alerts and follow up with post-mortem assessments
- Automate creation of development & test environments
- Collaborate with DBA in creation & maintenance of staging environments
- Maintain microservice infrastructure on AWS ECS
- Maintain resiliency of the production environment and disaster recovery options
- Experience with Packer AMIs and Docker infrastructure a must
- Proactively determine requirements for new projects
- Continuously monitor and optimize costs
- Maintain virtual machine environments on EC2 for other departments
Technologies We Use: EC2, ECS, Ansible, Packer, Jenkins, Docker, Terraform, Jsonnet, Tomcat, Spring / Spring Boot, React, DataDog, MongoDB, MariaDB
- Mastery of Linux including configuration, networking, hardening, shells, package management, and scripting
- Experience working with Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Jenkins, & Tomcat required, Terragrunt & Jsonnet are a plus
- 5+ years of experience working with Amazon Web Services
- 3+ years of experience working with microservices in production environments
- Experience working with AWS ECS and dynamic environment creation, Kubernetes is a plus but not required
- Experience with email security and delivery services
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well across multiple departments
- Knowledge of performance or security testing a plus
- Must be authorized to work within the United States
What’s In It For You
- Competitive compensation with 401(k)
- 100% Paid Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability).
- Generous paid time off, plus the last two weeks of the year off
- Company-paid downtown parking or metro pass.
- Monthly snack stipend, monthly lunch and cold brew on tap!
- Company-paid parking, bus or metro pass
- An awesome work environment and positive work culture, which celebrates employee success!
No relocation assistance is available