AlertMedia is looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer to join our well-balanced, collaborative team. This role is an opportunity to manage and expand our extensive AWS infrastructure to meet the needs of our rapidly growing customer base. The ideal candidate is passionate about automation, scalability, and security with deep knowledge and experience with AWS technologies. As part of a small team, you will wear many hats and partner with the development team to design, develop, troubleshoot and maintain all aspects of the AlertMedia platforms.
Who you are:
You're excited to help ensure the stability of a product that makes a huge impact and can never go down. You stay abreast on the latest security and networking technology and make sure you're ahead of the curve. You're an AWS and Linux expert and have a meticulous drive for excellence in your work. Peers would call you a team player who is willing to jump in and help where needed, open to sharing ideas and best practices.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Become an expert in the AlertMedia platform and tools, and its uses for our customers
- Work with EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, Lambdas, EKS, ECS, ElasticBeanstalk, CloudFormation, Docker, Linux, and continuous deployment tools.
- Work with tools like Terraform and Troposphere for infrastructure as code
- Manage a secure, reliable and scalable infrastructure that cannot fail during critical local, national, and global events.
- Continually evaluate the security of our systems and applications, with an emphasis on data security
- Work with the team to determine tool requirements, then drive the implementation, documentation, maintenance, and improvement
- Work in an Agile based environment using tools like Git, JIRA, Jenkins, and Slack
- Contribute to the technology lead that AlertMedia has over other solutions through innovative development and by helping contribute new ideas related to leveraging technology in our product line
- Contribute to AlertMedia’s culture, values and vision for the future
- 4+ years of operations engineering experience
- Experience and expertise with AWS is a must
- Strong knowledge of and working experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Expertise with Linux, security, and networking fundamentals
- Experience managing large scale deployments
- Expertise in troubleshooting complex customer-facing systems
- Proficiency in at least one coding language (Python is a plus)
- Willingness to pair up with other developers to mentor and share your experience
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage working on multiple projects in parallel
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Position is open for remote location except for in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington, West Virginia, US territories
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 5 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.