Sr. DFx Component Engineer - United States
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
The Component Engineer DFx assures electrical and mechanical components used in Forcepoint hardware products are reliable, available, cost effective and meet the performance criteria defined by the design. He/she will be responsible for partnering with development engineering and manufacturing operations to establish / implement engineering disciplines and design guidelines that address time to market, design for cost, availability, quality, test, reliability, manufacturability, serviceability, and safety.
- Collaborate with Design Engineers to perform optimum component selection
- Monitor component end of life and perform substitute part selection, validation and implementation
- Collaborate with Program Managers and Manufacturing Engineers to assess new orders for component availability and substitutions in the case of obsolescence
- Work with Vendors to maintain the quality of all purchased parts, subassemblies and products Including annual quality audits of key suppliers
- Influence design engineers to optimize for Design for Sourcing & Manufacturability in New Product Development
- Develop and execute cost cutting initiatives and process improvements while maintaining quality
- Ensure component selection is consistent with regulatory compliance, target assembly-level manufacturing processes and work closely with internal stakeholders
- Establish component part numbers and respond to component related development changes including MCO, ECO and Deviations
- Establish and maintain vendor part numbers (AVL) for components and assemblies
- Be responsible for securing specifications, attachment to part numbers and specification maintenance
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university or equivalent work experience in a high tech advanced manufacturing environment
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a manufacturing NPI development roll working with original equipment manufacturers through the product life cycle.
- This position requires technical expertise, leadership, strong communication skills, and the initiative to achieve results in a fast-paced growth environment
- Qualified candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and a high level of self-discipline and organization
- Experience in Electronic, Electrical and Electro-mechanical components selection, sourcing and evaluation
- Server / X86 white box electronic assemblies a significant plus
- PCB, PCBA knowledge a plus
- Experience with PDM systems, Omnify a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products