COVID 19 UPDATE:
We have leaned into the current health crisis with the development of new features like Volusion Curbside. Since March, we have hired more than a dozen new Volusioneers with no signs of slowing down. We are actively interviewing for key roles in order to keep up with our product roadmap goals. During these unprecedented times Volusion continues to provide stability and growth opportunities to our employees and merchants alike.
We are doing our part to flatten the curve so for the time being all interviews will be conducted virtually. As a company ALL employees are currently working remotely.
Volusion powers thousands of ecommerce sites - from fledgling entrepreneurs like local artists selling handmade goods to mid market businesses processing millions of dollars in online sales every year. If you're a creative professional that has a passion for driving change and you want to better the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you!
About the role:
The Sr. Front End Engineer that will join our no-nonsense development team is the epitome of a big picture thinker. The multi-tasking perfectionist we’re hunting for has the ability to analytically break down complex challenges and formulate action-steps to control the desired outcome faster than anyone. You see all the moving parts.
You’ll have clear product feature goals but the freedom to deconstruct and implement those goals creatively. An older Angular front-end needs your attention and conversion to React and integration with our REST API. If you like moving fast, pushing tickets from Backlog to In Progress to Peer Review, working with other developers who love tough problems and taking ownership, this is a job you’ll love.
- Evolve our product and user interface: We are constantly adding new features for our customers, and with each new feature, we need professional, user-friendly interfaces that are technically performant and often need to make loads of API calls. You’ll be at the forefront of building these interfaces.
- Move fast: We like to go! Failure is not getting something wrong; it’s taking so long to get something right that we miss an opportunity. If you like ownership and aren’t afraid to try things, adjust, improve, take responsibility, and try again, you’ll love our fast-paced engineering culture.
- Establish and extend front end best practices: You won’t be just following someone else’s instructions or guidelines. You’ll be a key part of developing how we work with React, front end interfaces, our platform, and documentation.
- Broaden our UI practice: Volusion is committed to user interface design and development being a core competency at Volusion. Join us and influence our next generation of front ends.
We are looking for someone with:
- 5+ years building application front ends
- 3+ years developing React-based front-ends in a professional environment
- E-Commerce or SaaS experience a major plus!
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Software, or other Engineering discipline
Volusion’s Technology Stack:
- React (including React hooks), React with Redux, Relay, and server-side and client-side rendering
- Public-facing REST APIs
- Google Cloud Platform including Kubernetes, Firebase, and managed database services
- SQL and no-SQL Databases; specific experience with PostgreSQL and MongoDB is a plus
- Search and caching using Elasticsearch, RediSearch, Algolia, and Redis
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- Collaborative: We favor teamwork and take ownership.
- A founder: Think big, go fast, and solve for the customer.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress
- Breakfast taco and beer Fridays
- Endless Supply of Tiny House Nitro Coffee, Bevi sparkling water, fruit and snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Adjustable desks
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outings