Sr. Full-Stack Engineer, Growth
FloSports (http://www.flosports.tv/) is a direct-to-consumer subscription-based sports media company that streams live events across 25 different sports (e.g. Cycling, Track and Field, Wrestling, Rodeo, Gymnastics, Soccer, Marching Band and more) to millions of athletes & fans around the world.
As a Full-Stack Engineer on the Revenue Growth team, you’ll be directly involved in improving our business model by creating high-impact features and measuring metrics that drive revenue growth, subscriber conversion, & retention—more loyal customers and keeping them happy.
People who do well on this team are self-motivated engineers with passion and grit for both business and technological innovation. We work with Angular 6, TypeScript, Node.js, Serverless, PHP7, MySQL, and Redis on AWS, but the ability to embrace & adapt with changing technology is an important characteristic!
If this sounds like you, we want to talk!
You’ll want to work with us if:
- You have a strong technical background and a passion for creating clean, clear, and maintainable software systems
- You are a self-starter and highly motivated to deliver top-tier, yet pragmatic solutions that teammates want to build upon
- You prioritize simplicity, finesse, and empathy for the end user
- You advocate and improve on code quality, automated tests, CI/CD initiatives, and the developer experience
- You enjoy collaborating on a team with other engineers, product, designers, and marketing to create experiences that impact millions of sports fans
We would love to work with you if you:
- Possess the ability to solve cross-browser challenges and craft responsive, component-based UI layouts
- Can iterate rapidly while collaborating with designers & other engineers
- Full-stack experience iterating on and integrating server-side APIs with front-end interfaces using Node.js, PHP, Python, or Go
- Are curious about new technology from the front-end to APIs to deployments in order to more effectively create applications
- Deliver performant features through iterative building, measuring, and learning
- Efficiently learn new concepts, manage your own productivity, and desire to improve yourself, your team, and our products every day
What sets you apart:
- Clear communicator of thoughts and ideas
- Live to create awesome features that grow our product and the sport
- Seek out others opinions to further yours
- Passionate about building effective customer experiences
- Production knowledge of containers, Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless, or AWS Lamdba
- Stripe API or other payment processors
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(k) company matching
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation
- Flexibility to work from home
- In-house learning programs
- Healthy snack options and catered lunch every week
- Social events, happy hours, and coed sports
- Bring your dog to work - everyday!
FloSports, an innovative sports media and events company based in Austin, Texas, is the authentic source for content and a new world of coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Focused on three areas – live competition and coverage, original content, and owned and operated events – the company takes fragmented communities and provides them the platform to connect with the sports they love.
Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, weekly studio shows, branded entertainment, and event creation and execution, FloSports is changing the game growing the sport, the events, the athletes, and the fans.