Wheel is powering virtual care. We are a healthcare technology company bringing together both the tech infrastructure and the clinicians to power many of the industry’s leading telehealth services. By enabling more companies and clinicians to participate in virtual care, Wheel is helping to connect patients to the best care for their health needs.
We’re a hybrid-remote company with a hub in Austin, Texas, and we are proud to have been recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work and Best Small Company to Work For. Wheel is backed by top investors; Lightspeed Venture Partners, CRV, Tusk Ventures, and Silverton Partners. We’re looking for new Wheelies who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
Learn more about what we are building in Forbes.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
As our Sr. Information Security Engineer, you will grow our software security program that facilitates security being built into all of the products and infrastructure built at Wheel. You will have a blend of security engineering and software engineering. If you’re a security engineer looking to build best-in-class security and compliance in the healthcare industry, this is a great opportunity for you to have an impact across an entire engineering organization and support a world-class software security program.
- Support the software security program ensuring that security is baked into everything we build at every step of the software development lifecycle
- Grow a culture of security in Engineering
- Perform security reviews of technical design documents
- Measure and grow security maturity across engineering
- Triage security issues and provide recommended fixes
- Facilitate independent security assessments and penetration tests
- Evaluate new tools, processes, and frameworks; Drive adoption of the best ones
- Review and respond to new security threats
- 5+ years of a software engineering background in a Cloud environment (preferably AWS)
- Familiarity with cloud security, particularly AWS Security concepts. You will be collaborating with engineers to build AWS and GCP security best practices into our infrastructure
- Experience with security activities throughout the software development lifecycle- design reviews, threat modeling, code reviews, tooling, penetration testing, incident response
- Understanding compliance standards and protocols
- Implementing controls for information security compliance programs including PCI, ISO 27001, SOC 2, and HIPAA
- Bonus points if you worked in a fast-growth startup environment
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups: women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender non-conforming, first and second-generation immigrants, veterans and people from different socioeconomic background. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equity, equality, and prosperity for all so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.
Read Full Job Description