The Sr. Engineering Manager is responsible for leading the team of engineers on a day-to-day basis. The Engineering Manager ensures that projects are being completed on time and meet product / project expectations. A team of engineers looks to the Engineering Manager for process, trouble-shooting, mentoring, and technical expertise. The Engineering Manager will be the point person for Product and Project Managers looking to assign a project to a developer.
- Responsible for the development aspects of assigned projects
- Participation in meetings and planning sessions when required
- Responsible for helping define phased scopes of the development portion of proposals
- Work with VP engineering on engineering standards
- Work with the Product and Project Managers to ensure that projects are completed on time
- Work with other teams to identify inefficiencies and correct them
- Identify resources to keep the team up to speed on the latest technology
- Monitor capacity and skill set to determine hiring needs
- Aid in the hiring process for qualified candidates based on capacity needs
- Approve requests from the team for events, resources, etc. if within budget
- Conduct quarterly and annual reviews with each member of the team
- Help run sprint planning meetings and pre-planning meetings with Product / Project managers
- Work with VP of engineering on “sprint of sprint” meetings
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigne
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent experience required, Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in designing web applications
- 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams
- 5 + Experience with front end frameworks and tools including: React, Redux, Webpack, Mocha, and Enzyme preferred
- 5+ Experience with micro-service architecture, docker, and Azure or AWS preferred
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Read Full Job Description