Q2 is seeking a Senior Manager of Site Reliability Engineering to help Q2 deliver industry-leading uptime, unparalleled system reliability, and exceptional quality to over 18 million Online Banking users nationally. As a leader of the Q2’s Site Reliability Engineering team, you will be responsible for leading and developing a highly technical team of SREs responsible for the movement of more than $2 trillion worth of money movement annually. When these systems fail, you’ll have the leadership qualities to assist the team in quickly restoring services, investigating the root cause, and developing a plan that mitigates future failures. When you and your team are not solving the world’s problems, you’ll spend time analyzing system performance and identifying ways to stabilize environments while continuing to cultivate talent within the team.
Successful candidates will possess an innate desire to embrace challenging problems and enjoy working cross-functionally with members of Support, IT, Development, and Delivery. The desire to help Q2 be the best and deliver industry-leading solutions motivate you to solve complex problems while remaining cool under pressure.
While being passionate about what you do, you also have the ability to work quickly and efficiently, context switch when needed, and manage multiple projects.
- Inspiring and leading a team of highly technical and self-motivated Site Reliability Engineers
- Foundational knowledge of Distributed Systems, Private Datacenter, and Public Cloud technologies such as Kubernetes, Kafka, VMWare, AWS, Azure,
- Project planning and prioritization of tasks for the team
- Building relationships with peers and cross-functional teams
- Evaluating new technologies
- Working to establish training plans for employees
- Establishing SLAs, SLOs, and SLIs to help guide the team to better decision making
- Improving on-call and incident handling processes
- Evolving and enhancing Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Implementing systems and methodologies that test the resiliency and performance of the platform
- Demonstrated success of building strong, cohesive teams
- Knowledge of various compliance frameworks such as SOC2 and PCI
- A strong understanding of DevOps methodologies inclusive of build and release tools and deployment strategies
- A strong track record of execution and career progression
- A natural ability to lead and influence others rally behind your ideas
- Self-driven and effective communicator
- World-class problem-solving skills
At Q2 we believe in working hard and playing hard. You’ll find this work to be rewarding with ample opportunities to make a meaningful, become part of an exceptional team, and contribute to Q2’s amazing culture.