The Operations Technology Engineering group builds the LAN, WAN, and wireless networks that power Amazon fulfillment centers and transportation sites worldwide. These networks are used by hundreds of thousands of associates, relied upon by operators of industry-leading fulfillment and transportation systems, and play a critical role in the delivery of shipments to Amazon retail customers.
We are looking for a Network Development Engineer to provide technical thought leadership in the of our next-generation networks. As we look to the future, our networks will support an ecosystem of robotics, industrial IoT, sensors, drones, and mobile devices. You are comfortable with taking risks, and iterating on designs that may fail at the outset to ultimately deliver robust systems that elegantly scale. Information security and network reliability are at the core of your thought processes, and you are respected as an influencer.
In this role you will also operate the largest fulfillment network in the world, and provide guidance to and mentoring to network support teams to develop their skills and reinforce best practices. Network reliability is critical to Amazon Operations, and your responsibilities will include driving root cause resolution of network events most impact-full to the business.
The OpsTech NetEng team has broad scope supporting multiple business globally, from the smallest delivery stations in emerging markets, to the most advanced automated fulfillment centers in North America, Japan, and Europe. As a result, this group enjoys variety in both tactical and long-term strategic projects. This is a unique opportunity that will enable you to grow your skills as an engineer, have a lasting impact on Amazon’s fulfillment networks for years to come.
· A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
· Excellent network design, implementation, and troubleshooting skills combined with a proven documentation methodology
· 5+ years’ experience in designing and operating large-scale, production networks
· 5+ years of experience with major routing protocols, specifically BGP and OSPF
· 5+ years of experience with routing and switching hardware from major vendors including Juniper and Cisco
· Experience in automating administration using Perl, Python, or other languages
· Experience enhancing tools, developing best practices, refining operational procedure and constantly thinking pro-actively and with innovation
· Development and delivery of large scale designs in data center networks
· Experience with IPv6 Design and implementations
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency in wide area networking (including SDWAN), wireless networking, and industrial Ethernet
· Expertise in information security for industrial control systems
· A genuine passion for building systems that are simple and work well
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation