Sr. Security Engineer, Duo Product Security at Duo Security
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:11 a.m. (CST) on Friday, October 15, 2021
The Cisco Security Business Group (SBG) focuses on empowering the world to reach its full potential, securely through the Cisco Secure products. Within the SBG Security team, we support this mission by building thoughtful partnerships with our internal stakeholders to drive security strategy alignment across the SBG portfolio to deliver simple, effective security solutions for our internal customers that meet both market and industry expectations. Our team's mission is to become our internal customers' most trusted partners by building best-in-class security programs that shape the market with our research, make it easy for our customer teams within Cisco to develop secure software, protect our most valuable information and customer assets, and enable SBG employees to work securely as they deliver Cisco Secure products including Duo, Umbrella, SecureX, Talos, Amp for Endpoints, StealthWatch, Tetration, and beyond. #WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, and our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve the complex problems that come with securing a growing business. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. We are looking for a Senior Product Security Engineer to proactively identify and mitigate security risk to Cisco SBG- Duo. What you will do:
- Test and provide guidance that may include design reviews, threat modeling, code auditing, and security assessments on internally & externally developed software.
- Automate product security testing techniques and tools including, but not limited to; static analysis, dynamic analysis, software composition analysis and container scanning.
- Identify and implement new ways that we can validate the security of Cisco SBG products and its development practices.
- Liaison with product, customer support, sales and engineering teams to provide ad-hoc technical security expertise.
- Research, build and implement tools, libraries & frameworks that aid developers in writing secure code.
- Conduct security research to further enable the addition of proactive security controls within internally developed software.
- You're comfortable manually auditing code for vulnerabilities as well as crafting threat models to discover design issues.
- You're comfortable with security controls on AWS or similar IaaS services.
- You are able to mentor and be mentored on security practices, controls and bring an influential flair to your audience whether it is one on one, during a presentation or workshop.
- You understand security engineering principles, and how to seriously consider when a "best practice" may not be, in fact, the best choice or positively impact actual security and our customers.
- You're excited to be part of building an ever-maturing product security program that covers the Security Development Lifecycle, from training through incident response.
- You love to communicate in a friendly, supportive manner with software engineers, helping to not only identify security issues, but also a mentor and advocate on solutions.
- You're passionate about security, but understand each control or process has a "cost" that must be thought about critically, and from the point-of-view of many stakeholders.
- You want to continuously elevate your skills and the skills of your teammates.