Sr Security Engineer
HomeAway is looking for a talented and highly motivated Senior Security Engineer to join the Global IT Security Team. This position will be responsible for communicating and realizing the security engineering infrastructure and ensuring that we are operating to the highest security standards. The right candidate is expected to interface with various aspects of the company to define and innovate security best practices. The candidate will have demonstrated experience with cloud and security technologies including: WAF’s, IPS’s, NAC, vulnerability scanning / remediation, CI\CD security, AWS monitoring and cloud access controls. This position requires a proven track record of the architecture, planning, implementation, maintenance, monitoring and operationalizing of security technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining security infrastructure in the cloud and data center environments.
- Work on improvements including the integration of cloud tooling and automation.
- Responsible for integrating and innovating on the existing security platform to drive higher signal to noise ratios across the various security event sources: server logs, network, various security devices, threat feeds, antivirus, malware, vulnerability scanners, etc.
- Experience with cloud controls, monitoring, and remediation lifecycles.
- Experience with establishing risk / threat metrics, scorecards, & health monitoring.
- Participate in project teams providing consultation on security engineering and helping realize the Security Engineering team build out DevOps initiatives.
- Responsible for designing and operationalizing all aspects of our security infrastructure, including cloud environments.
- Responsible for establishing security engineering / operations frameworks for various security technologies.
- Responsible for rolling up your sleeves and getting stuff done. This is a hands-on position.
Who you are:
- Required Skills:
- Strong scripting skills: Ruby, Python or other scripting language.
- Three years of experience working in a senior security engineering, senior hosting operations, or senior network engineering position.
- Strong DevOpsSec background and natural bridge builder.
- Strong understanding of the security / risk landscape: Layers 2 – 7.
- Proven track record with enterprise grade security technologies.
- Strong security tooling background including automating tasks.
- Technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques.
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols.
- Creative, problem-solving approach to projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities and have a desire to learn new things.
- Experience working with complex, sophisticated environments.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Willingness to provide feedback in challenging situations.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.