Sr. Security Engineer at Q2
Named one of Austin’s fastest growing companies and one of the best places to work, Q2 offers our employees a culture fueled by engaged, motivated, and dedicated team members. We’re dedicated to our mission: to strengthen communities by strengthening the financial institutions that serve them. We do it with our purpose-driven culture, and by helping banks and credit unions stand apart in their communities.
Q2 Software is seeking a Sr. Security Engineer who is passionate about securing innovative products that scale to 400+ financial institutions and 12M+ users. As a member of Q2 Security, you will evaluate, design, and implement Security systems and capabilities in a fast-paced, hands-on role that partners with stakeholders across Engineering, QA, DevOps, IT, Operations, and Product Management. If you enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment and approach every day with a burning passion to build highly scalable, resilient, and secure systems, then Q2 wants you!
You are familiar and comfortable with:
- Designing and implementing public cloud Security architectures in AWS, Azure, and Google.
- Designing and implementing Security Controls that support NIST, SOC2, and SOX frameworks.
- Delivering strategic and tactical Security guidance for IT, Engineering, and DevOps initiatives.
- Incorporating Security checks processes into existing and new systems.
- Baking Security controls into Engineering and DevOps pipelines (e.g., build automation and configuration management).
- Designing and implementing network-based and host-based Security tools.
- Designing, implementing and integrating disparate Security solutions into an Analyst-friendly Security Analytics platform.
- Critiquing Security designs as part of architectural design reviews.
- Identifying problem areas, bringing multiple solutions to the table, and educating stakeholders on the possibilities
- Providing technical mentorship to your Q2 Security teammates
Your personality can be described as:
- Inquisitive and innately curious about WHY.
- Cool, calm, and collected under pressure. It will not always be smooth sailing.
- Competitive because Security is a chess game with an opponent that is trying to beat you.
- Collaborative because Security is not about making rules that people must obey.
You take pride in:
- Making an impact.
- Communicating clearly and concisely.
- Elevating your teammates to success.
- Delivering a quality work product.
- Switching contexts at a moment’s notice.
You achieved a degree in:
- Computer Science