ABOUT THIS ROLE
Our Engineering team is working to build our core products. As an SRE Engineer at Bright, you will work in a highly collaborative environment where your input will be valued and required to overcome technical challenges. As with every member of the team, you will contribute to the continuous improvement of the team's productivity, culture, and code quality. The ideal candidate believes in the pillars of a DevOps Culture, such as reducing organizational silos, accepting failure as normal – and embarking upon continuous and gradual change to reduce it – and using tooling and automation to measure everything.
Do you understand the value of infrastructure as code? Are you pragmatic in your approach to tool selection and enjoy problem solving? Are you up to the challenge of taking ownership in a greenfield environment? Do you want to work in a blameless, ego-less, collaborative environment? Are you happy to treat internal business stakeholders as valued customers? If so, this may be the place for you!
- Collaborating across the engineering team in the implementation of CI/CD pipelines for everything from data schema to microservices and containerized applications.
- Supporting platforms to ingest and move data throughout the company
- Build out tools for measuring, monitoring and alerting.
- Engineer software to automate operational processes.
- Apply prior engineering and development experience to address the pain points that prevent engineers from doing their best work.
- Participate in developing demos and proofs-of-concept to aid in the evaluation and selection of open source vs. PaaS vs. external vendor tools to speed delivery of products critical to our business.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (degree requirements waived with demonstrable enterprise experience)
- 5+ years of related experience, either as a software engineer, or in supporting software development in an agile environment.
- Experience supporting infrastructure in the cloud, either AWS or Azure (we are moving to Azure)
- Experience building Continuous Integration, Delivery, and Deployment services for software delivery.
- Experience with Version Control Systems, such as Git, Mercurial, etc.
- Experience with micro-services architectures and/or container scheduling systems such as Kubernetes or ECS is a strong plus
- Jira or similar trouble-ticket software.
- Experience working alongside security professionals to assist in industry compliance audits or security audits is a strong plus.
- Ability to collaborate and find solutions when presented diverse opinions and viewpoints a must.
- MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE US WITHOUT VISA SPONSORSHIP
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
Bright Health is tripling its footprint in 2019 to offer a variety of health insurance plans to more individuals. Bright Health operates health insurance offerings across Individual and Family Plan segments and the Medicare Advantage space in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, New York and Tennessee.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.