FloSports (https://www.flosports.tv/) is a direct-to-consumer subscription-based sports media company that streams live events across 25 different sports (e.g. Cycling, Track and Field, Wrestling, Racing, Bowling, Marching Band, and more) to millions of athletes & fans around the world.
We are seeking a Sr. Site Reliability/Platform Engineer to build internal platforms that developers love to use. Think of it as Infrastructure as Product. Candidates will have experience building compelling, broadly-useful systems and services on top of Kubernetes that support the needs of high-traffic microservices-based apps.
The Infrastructure Team’s mission is to provide a reliable, yet flexible, platform that makes the overall engineering team more effective and more successful. Candidates will split time between developing systems and software that help increase site reliability, performance, speed of delivery, and operations/on-call duties. Our customers are internal FloSports engineering teams.
People who are successful on this team are self-motivated, team-minded, and curious with passion and grit for both business and technological innovation. The ability to embrace & adapt with changing technology is an important characteristic. Does this sound like you? Are you looking for your next long-term engagement with a growing organization? Awesome, let's talk!
We are open to remote candidates for this role.
- Contribute to infrastructure related software engineering projects
- Act as an infrastructure consultant for product engineering teams in areas of service bring-up, deployment, reliability, scaling and single points of failure, etc
- Ensure robust application monitoring, logging and alerts across our services
- Triage, troubleshoot and resolve cloud infrastructure and application issues
- Opportunity to lead and participate in product roadmap planning, internal customer requirements gathering, etc
- Participate in cloud infrastructure operations
- Participate as an on-call rotation engineer
- Train developers & document new service playbooks
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience (6+)
- Proven track record of delivering highly available and scalable systems
- Deep knowledge in container platforms (Kubernetes and Docker)
- Demonstrate experience/passion for various methodologies including GitOps, DevOps, CI/CD, etc.
- Strong with public cloud architecture Google Cloud/AWS
- ServiceMesh experience
- Strong experience mainly in TypeScript, Node.js, Go, Python and Bash, SQL, Linux
- Sharp and tenacious debugging and performance optimization skills: you can fix anything and make it bigger, stronger, and faster
- Strong understanding of code versioning tools like Git,Gitlab/Github
- A firm grasp of distributed systems, networking, load balancing and DNS
- Be willing to bring your ideas to life and help make lives of engineers better
- Experience with Datadog or other logging and performance monitoring tools
What sets you apart:
- Clear communicator of thoughts and ideas
- Strong partner to your Infra team and other developers
- Extremely thoughtful about what you choose to build (build what is needed, to high standards by not overbuilding)
- Willingness to take risks and unafraid of failure, willing to push the envelope
Tools we like:
- Kubernetes (GKE), Istio
- Nginx, Fastly
- Terraform, Puppet
- Github, CloudBuild
- Redis, Memcached, and MySQL
- DataDog, PagerDuty
- GCP, AWS
- K6, GoReplay
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally, your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you? Apply Today!
- Recognized as one of 2020’s Top Workplaces by the Austin-American Statesman
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment