Sr. Software Architect
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
Work in the SaaS Core Architecture Team to design and influence the architecture and implementation of Ping Identity's next-generation cloud-based IDaaS solution. This position is instrumental in designing architecture and facilitating across a wide variety of teams and geographic locations, ensuring security, scalability, reliability and consistency is maintained platform wide.
- Work hard within a team of really smart people to solve complex challenges in our cloud-based Identity Management platform.
- Design and/or create APIs and highly scalable microservices for a cloud-based identity management platform.
- Collaborate with Product Management and other architects to lead a product's technical vision.
- Architect / design / build / support cloud products taking into account functional, non-functional and operational requirements
- Lead the rapid creation and analysis of POCs.
- Research, analyze and recommend infrastructure solutions.
- Define acceptable third party libraries and frameworks to use.
- Work with peers in the development of processes to continually deliver robust solutions to market.
- Mentor a highly skilled engineering team across many geographic locations.
- Investigate and explore emerging technologies for integration into the solution.
- 10+ years experience in commercial, enterprise-level development environment.
- 5+ years in design, implementation and/or support of highly scalable distributed cloud applications (including availability, reliability, etc.)
- 3+ years experience in providing Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions.
- Experience with and knowledge of Web application security protocols (OAuth2, OIDC, SAML).
- Experience in designing high-quality, developer-friendly APIs in an API-first environment.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems architectures, especially microservices.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Exceptional problem solving skills. Loves finding the best solution.
- Experience working with open source and open source tools.
- Expert knowledge of Java and practices in development.
- Experience with Spring Boot and REST APIs.
- Experience in agile, iterative, RUP or XP environments.
- Experience in cloud-based architecture and API design.
- Experience rapidly deploying product features to production via CI/CD framework.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or commensurate work experience.
- Takes ownership of tasks and executes.
- Ability to create solutions via collaboration with peers.
- Shows attention to details.
- Self-motivated and works with minimal direction.
- Ability to learn quickly and independently in complex technical environment.
- Experience with nosql databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.).
- Experience with asynchronous messaging (Kafka, RabbitMQ, JMS).
- Experience with identity management solutions (Active Directory, LDAP, SCIM, etc.)
- Experience building applications to achieve high performance and scalability.
- Experience with cloud development tools in a CI/CD environment (Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Vagrant, etc.).
- Knowledge of AWS technologies and usage.