Sr. Software Developer Engineer in Test (Autobots Team) - Duo Security at Duo Security
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:17 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, October 20, 2021
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.Duo Security, now part of Cisco, is the leading multi-factor authentication (MFA) and Zero Trust for the Workforce provider. Duo's mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge - transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that's why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.What You'll DoAs a Senior Software Developer Engineer in Test, you will be part of the "Autobots Team". We call ourselves the Autobots because we love to transform challenges into automatable solutions. The solutions we engineer are as diverse as we are and we never shy away from a challenge. As part of the Autobots, you will write code to test our services for functionality and performance towards our goal of making security of our Cloud products easy for our customers and users. You will do this in an environment where continuous integration is in place. We automate what once was manual and strive to improve the velocity of our organization. You will help improve our automation framework, driving its adoption throughout engineering. You will help test and validate pre-release artifacts ensuring we release a quality product to production. You will partner with engineering and product teams to build automation and bake quality in each step of the software development process. You will define, measure and publish metrics to measure product quality and champion quality improvements. You will understand business priorities and risks and help focus our quality efforts on where they matter the most. You will also help mentor other SDETs to help them grow technically.As part of championing quality efforts, you will take ownership of keeping development pipelines green, resolving flaky tests, writing and updating test automation documentation. Passion for continuous improvement and quality is a must!Skills you should have...
- You have worked on projects in a fast-paced environment with continuous delivery and integration in place
- You have automated customer-facing web applications (full stack automation) and have also done RESTful API testing.
- You are well-versed in coding abilities, particularly in Python having developed automation using Selenium or Cypress or similar tools
- You are more than familiar with tools like BrowserStack, SauceLabs, and Applitools.
- You have designed and implemented test automation frameworks or made improvements to existing frameworks
- You are skilled in building system automation (with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Gitlab).
- You have experience in architecting test infrastructure and automation tool selection would be a huge plus.
- You have proven mentorship skills and have helped peers grow through coaching and sharing knowledge formally and informally
- You have proven experience in persuading and influencing across individuals and teams by sharing expertise and capabilities and discussing opposing ideas
- You can clearly translate vision and strategy into actionable initiatives
- You can marshal support and resources for an initiative
- You are a recognized source of functional/technical expertise and you can demonstrate depth in at least one functional/technical area
- You are motivated and passionate about automation and stay on top of new and emerging test and automation technologies
- You are a great communicator, articulate your thoughts and strategy clearly, and always seek to get buy-in before implementation
- You are not scared to fail and fairly early and often
- You've seen the news! Cybersecurity is the biggest issue of our time and you want to make a difference.
- You thrive having the autonomy to operate in a meaningful problem space solving real problems for real people.
- You love collaborating with, teaching, and learning from high-performing peers on software projects.
- You lack a real passion for writing high-quality secure software that is backed by an equally mature approach to testing.
- You stress under the ambiguity of a problem and default to others to provide you with the answers.
- Your first instinct is to point out why something can't be done rather than focusing on what the customer problem is.