Sr. Software Engineer, Cloud SaaS Product at CrowdStrike
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
CrowdStrike’s Sandbox team is expanding. We are looking for an accomplished web services, SaaS software engineer to help us scale this product, providing industry leading analysis of customer files. You will help set the technical direction for the web services of our sandbox architecture and reporting features as we scale to handle millions of files per day. You will work closely with our team of developers, site reliability engineers, and security researchers. You will identify methods to scale components using a micro-service methodology. You will also help define high scale data storage and reporting technologies to allow storage of millions of data objects and report efficiently on them.
The sandbox product runs mostly in our data centers with some components in AWS. There is on-going development in both environments.
- Work with the team to define scaling strategies and technologies.
- Work with product management teams to identify and design new features for the sandbox to effectively analyze and report on the latest malware families.
- Sharing ownership of the codebase for the sandbox web services functionality.
- Get familiar with malware and security threats to help define new ways to more effectively detect and identify emerging malware. Work jointly with security researchers across teams to understand the threat landscape.
- Drive innovation for the product to detect and report on an ever-changing threat landscape.
- Work with our Site Reliability Engineering team to meet and exceed the SLAs for system uptime.
- Design new methods and technologies to meet the product throughput goals and responsiveness.
- Being an independent self-starter who likes to take ownership and independently seeks out new challenges.
- Being strongly focused on code security, manageability and performance with a solid background in software engineering.
- Proven ability to deliver customer facing, large scale software products.
- Extensive (5+ years) of large scale, micro-service programming experience using modern web services programming languages like Java, Python, Golang.
- Programming experience using queuing technologies and workers to accomplish specific tasks.
- Experience in large scale data storage technologies. Both schema driven and document based.
- Ability to debug web services to identify and fix bottlenecks in systems.
- Experience with cloud or data center based software development.
- Understanding of deployment methodologies for cloud based software stacks.
- Extensive experience with source code branching, merging and release methodologies.
Nice to Haves:
- Front end experience with modern web UI frameworks like AngularJS, ReactJS, Ember.js, vuejs.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Experience developing security software products or systems.
- Experience in malware analysis, including change analysis, reverse engineering and debugging.
Location: U.S. (remote)
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.