Sr. Software Engineer - Consumer Experience at Bright Health
- Collaborate directly with product managers, UX researchers, and designers to define and implement solutions for our digital properties.
- Contribute to the design, development and implement systems, full-stack applications and/or websites related to the healthcare insurance industry.
- Contribute to all aspects of the product stack.
- Build the development of integrations with outside/third-party systems as needed.
- Collaborate with teammates on technical design, work estimation, and implementation of new features.
- Stay on top of bug and task management using JIRA or similar.
- Lead and contribute to the continuous improvement of the team's productivity, culture, and code quality.
- Review team member's code to identify and remediate bugs quickly.
- Create documentation and processes for teaching or lead learning sessions with other engineers as needed.
- Act as a knowledge base for other engineers.
- Mentor engineers at all levels of their careers to improve skills, code quality, and best practices.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 2 to 8 years in software development
- At least 2 years experience with ReactJS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred
- Expertise in developing full-stack web applications
- Experience building applications in the cloud, bonus points for serverless architectures
- Experience scaling applications from prototype to tens of thousands of daily active users
- Experience implementing Continuous Deployment patterns
- Experience supporting the applications you have built
- You love learning, you love teaching
- You are constantly growing your own knowledge and helping to grow the knowledge of others
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats and roles, and titles are not important to you
- You enjoy doing it right first time and utilize tools & techniques to constantly excel in what you work to deliver it on time
- You do top-quality work, manage quality, and make everything you touch better
- You are comfortable working under strict confidentiality agreements and often behind the-scenes
- You are self-organized and manage time and resources well
- You are able to not only work alone, but also communicate within a team by sending updates, tracking time, and other forms of communication while you work