Sr. Software Engineer (MacOS) --Local Authentication - Duo Security at Duo Security
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:26 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, April 2, 2022
Duo Security, now part of Cisco, is the leading multi-factor authentication (MFA) and secure access provider.
Duo + Cisco = Disco!
With the Most Loved Company in Security and the global leader in network technology joining forces, there are more exciting opportunities than ever to be at the forefront of securing the cloud.
Our mission is simple: democratize security by making it easy and effective for everyone. We're transforming security from the ground up by solving the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge - safe, secure information access. We engineer our business to enable our customers to easily address their ever-evolving security challenges.
We believe that impactful work is rewarding work and that our team is at its best when everyone feels empowered to bring their whole self to work. We learn together by hiring for cultural contribution, not cultural fit, and recognize that diversity in background and thought are essential to building high-impact teams.
We invest in growth and learning opportunities and encourage our people to never stop learning. We foster collaboration and believe in being recognized (and rewarded!) for hard work. We champion a healthy work-life balance. We're kinder than necessary.
Together we build for the future by designing simple solutions for complex problems. And that's why we're the most loved and trusted name in security.
As a Local Authentication Software Engineer at Duo Security of Cisco, you love coming to work knowing that you're creating security that's simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and desire to make the internet a secure place. Our team is our secret weapon, and we run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high-energy, and bring together diverse skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge - transforming the security industry as we know it. Together you'll work alongside a team that builds solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring as part of the most loved and trusted company in security.
What you'll do...
* You'll work with other software engineers, product managers, and designers to define, implement, test, and release features & fixes to applications built for Desktop, Laptop, Server, and Mobile Platforms
* You will code to solve customer security problems in a variety of languages like Swift, C#, C++, Python, Java or Kotlin and others like Powershell or Installer scripting
* Continuously improve build, test, and release processes for the products you develop to improve feature release efficacy & improve customer feedback loops
* Answer technical inquiries, verify & resolve technical problems when they arise
* Contribute to customer-facing and internal documentation used for self-support
Skills you have...
* Experience committing code to a variety of codebases to create and update features, having both written features from scratch and maintained features not originally developed by you.
* Code you wrote and personally tested with unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end tests made it into dozens of feature releases to production and was used by customers in Applications you maintained for a year or more.
* You built or maintained software used by enterprises that involved hosting and personally configuring and troubleshooting in macOS environments (on-premise or in the cloud)
* Some experiences leading work breakdown with teams of 3+ engineers where scrum-based methodologies were used (backlog grooming, sprint planning, daily stand-up's, retrospectives)
* Understanding of web technologies [DNS, HTTP(s), etc.]
* Follow through. You take the initiative to own issues until resolution
* Unquenchable thirst for constant learning & personal growth
* Welcomes and adapts to change in a swiftly paced workplace
* Experience working on critical escalations
Even better if you have...
* Bachelor's Degree [Computer Science, Information Systems or related]
* Certifications are cool, too!
Reasons why you should apply...
* You care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
* You prefer trying and failing rather than getting it perfect the first time
* When you've listened to customers, or engineers, voice a problem you've made it a priority to figure out how to fix it without being asked to.
* You understand that communicating is about the person listening, not the person talking, and respect that everyone has different communication styles
* You love solving difficult problems
This job may not be for you if...
* Working for a company in hyper growth, where change is a constant, isn't something you are ready to embrace
* If you prefer to work on your own (we are a team that pushes each other and learns together)
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let's explore this together.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo's achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran's status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting to you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.