Sr. Software Engineer - Production Engineering /Platform Security
As member of the Production Engineering team you will help keep the cloud-based services relied upon by Duo's customers available, scalable, and secure. As an engineer in the security group within Production Engineering you'll help us focus on the "secure" part of that mission. You'll work with Duo's world-class security team to combine their expertise with your experience operating large-scale environments to automate the configuration, design, and growth of internal and customer-facing systems.
Skills you have…
- You know Linux administration. You can think of many things that might have gone wrong when your ssh login fails and how to rule out most of them.
- You've operated highly-available systems using AWS. You know how a user assumes a role and why they'd want to do that.
- You bristle at doing a repetitive task manually, and would write new software before doing something five times.
- You code in a modern scripting or systems language. Our work product isn't software, but we write software to deliver it.
- You bristle at doing a task manually more than once and have slew of automation strategies as a result.
- You have a favorite configuration management tool and can point out its weaknesses along with its strengths.
3 reasons why you should apply…
- You enjoy a sense of ownership in your work. We're appreciative in our retrospectives, but we don't like downtime and share the responsibility to keep it within budget.
- You like working with both people and computers, and not just focusing on computers.
- You've always wondered what it's like when targeted attacks by advanced actors aren't just a fun hypothetical.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a dream to make the Internet a secure place.
Our roots and values were crafted in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, calm to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to tackle what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it.
Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the distinct contributions that everyone brings in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.