Sr. Software Engineer (Zero Trust) - Duo Security at Duo Security
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:18 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, October 21, 2021
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.Duo's mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.We're a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJs, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.What you'll do...As an engineer on the Zero Trust team, you will work on web services that will support our top-tier products. You will be involved in multiple cross-team initiatives, across both Duo and Cisco as a whole.You will help people throughout the world keep their computers safe, by integrating multiple security products. This will enable IT admins to gain a much more cohesive view of their devices and their posture. In addition, you will help increase customer adoption by improving deploy time, and ease-of-use by a factor of 10.This is a new product initiative with significant greenfield opportunities. You will help us develop, deploy, and maintain this service.We emphasize software craftsmanship and apply it to our development practices. You will collaborate on technical direction, review code, and be an owner over the quality of our software. Skills you have...
- Leverage source control to maintain large projects
- Built and maintained multiple web or native desktop applications
- You strive to make products simple to understand and easy to implement
- You're able to connect multiple products and teams to solve large problems
- You seek, appreciate, and can act-upon user feedback
- Write performant, maintainable, testable code
- You are a user of cloud hosting services (like AWS or Azure)
- You love automation - particularly CI/CD
- You have used automated configuration tools like Ansible, Puppet, or Chef to deploy products.
- Prior experience deploying cloud services, monitoring, alerting, and handling escalations
- You have experience supporting a high-availability SaaS environment
- You love working with Python
- You are familiar with asynchronous programming patterns like in Node, .NET, and Python's asyncio and Twisted
- You have knowledge of network security, encryption, authentication, and authorization
- You have a solid understanding of security best-practices in web development
- You thrive having the autonomy to operate in a meaningful problem space solving real problems for real people.
- You work best in teams of high-performers who are passionate about a common goal.
- You revel in the opportunity to do it all; from desktop to web, to production deployment!
- You only code alone and aren't willing to mentor and be mentored.
- You lack a real passion for writing high-quality secure software that is backed by an equally mature approach to testing.
- You stress under the ambiguity of a problem and default to others to provide you with the answers.
- Your first instinct is to point out why something can't be done rather than focusing on what the customer problem is.
- You tire at the thought of a steady, deliberate pace in both a product and company.