Sr. Software Engineer
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
- Lead backend engineering efforts from rapid prototypes to large-scale applications across CrowdStrike products.
- Leverage and build cloud based systems to detect targeted attacks and automate cyber threat intelligence production at a global scale.
- Brainstorm, define, and build collaboratively with members across multiple teams.
- Obsess about learning, and champion the newest technologies & tricks with others, raising the technical IQ of the team.
- Be mentored and mentor other developers on web, backend and data storage technologies and our system.
- Constantly re-evaluate our product to improve architecture, knowledge models, user experience, performance and stability.
- Be an energetic ‘self-starter’ with the ability to take ownership and be accountable for deliverables.
- Use and give back to the open source community.
- Go (Golang)
- Degree in Computer Science (or commensurate experience in data structures/algorithms/distributed systems).
- The ability to scale backend systems – sharding, partitioning, scaling horizontally are second nature to you.
- The desire to ship code and the love of seeing your bits run in production.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and scalability challenges.
- Deep understand multi-threading, concurrency, and parallel processing technologies.
- Team player skills – we embrace collaborating as a team as much as possible.
- A thorough understanding of engineering best practices from appropriate testing paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architecture.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, test-driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment.
- The skills to meet your commitments on time and produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
Bonus points awarded for…
- Authored and lead successful open source libraries and projects.
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging).
- Existing exposure to Go, Scala, AWS, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch...
- Prior experience in the cybersecurity or intelligence fields
Bring your experience in distributed technologies and algorithms, your great API and systems design sensibilities, and your passion for writing code that performs at extreme scale. You will help build a platform that scales to millions of events per second and Terabytes of data per day. If you want a job that makes a difference in the world and operates at high scale, you’ve come to the right place.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.