Sr. Software Engineer at Compeat
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented technologist to join our team as a Senior Software Engineer to evolve our product suite and user experience. Along with your peers you'll work on difficult problems; design, develop, and deliver complex, sophisticated distributed systems of loosely coupled autonomous services and web applications. If you're also creative, humble, and fun, you'll fit right into our culture and healthy work environment where “bring your dog to work day” is every day.
Compeat supports an industry that affects everyone you know - the restaurant industry! And the restaurants need us and our quality products now more than ever. You will play an instrumental role in our journey to a public cloud model and contribute to the software design, development, and overall product lifecycle for a product that our users love. The engineering process is highly collaborative. Sr. Software Engineers are expected to pair with other members of the engineering, product, and QA teams on a daily basis as they work through user stories and support products as they evolve. In addition, Sr. Software Engineers may be involved in product configuration, performance tuning and testing as well as production monitoring. You’ll relentlessly pursue opportunities to advance our operational effectiveness and increase customer satisfaction.
This role is part of our amazing engineering organization. We are all working remotely now due to COVID-19, but we're still collaborating, productive and looking for new teammates that can thrive in a remote work setting.
- Design and develop highly scalable and loosely coupled solutions
- Challenge all assumptions. Ask great questions in the spirit of building awesome products.
- Approach Software Development as a craft, following best practices in OOD/OOP, and writing testable code with a strong belief in unit testing, clean coding, and the value of Agile development
- Refactor to drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the code
- Look for pragmatic solutions to find the right tool for the right job
- Recommend application improvements
- Support production systems and analyze problems, releasing patches and fixes as necessary
- In addition to being a strong technologist, you are a communicative problem solver.
- Senior Software Engineer with architecture ownership history and complete understanding of SDLC
- Minimum 5 years in full-stack web application development, Design Patterns, OOP, Functional Reactive Programming, Agile methodology, CI/CD
- Well versed with Agile/SCRUM development methodology
- Experience with development tools like Confluence and JIRA
- Well versed with Microservice Architecture design patterns
- NoSQL database experience like DynamoDB, MongoDB, CosmosDB
- Cloud Development experience with AWS
- Commitment to delivering quality code including unit testing, security, maintainability, performance
- Experience with the following:
- RESTful APIs
- Responsive design
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Refactoring an existing code base
- Self-driven contributor as a member of a high-performing development team
- Bright and engaging with start-up energy and passion
- Flexible and able to change direction as the business and technology evolves and changes
- Enjoys an agile development environment (Scrum and/or Kanban methodology experience a plus)
Nice to Have
- Bonus points if you have experience with development of accounting systems, inventory systems or labor management systems
- Experience with mobile app development a plus
- BS Computer Science or other Technical Degree
- You will report directly to the Software Architect.
Who are we?
Compeat Restaurant Management Systems was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas with locations in Petaluma, CA and Houston, TX, as well as remote employees across the country. Over the last 19 years we have installed restaurant management software for hundreds of customers in thousands of restaurant locations across the US and Canada. Compeat software is running in every type of restaurant ranging in size from high volume independents to large chain operators. Compeat is the industry leading provider of end-to-end software solutions including accounting, inventory management, business intelligence, and mobile apps.
Compeat Hiring Practices:
At this time we are only accepting applications from U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location where the candidate is applying.
Compeat doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Compeat.