Sr. Software Engineer at WP Engine
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world’s leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We’re proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers, and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you’re made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.What's cool about this job.
WP Engine is on a mission to help our customers win online! Whether that’s helping an aspiring entrepreneur to turn a hobby into an online business or a multinational corporation to launch a new campaign in weeks instead of months, our platform is there to help them win — whatever that means for them.
At WP Engine, engineers help shape our future teams and technology vision in order to build meaningful products that improve the lives of our customers.
Our culture is renowned; we believe it is important to hire the best and ensure that we provide an environment where the best get better. If you are great at solving problems, a hard worker with excellent interpersonal skills, and enjoy working across different time zones and cultures, you may be the engineer that we are looking for!The day to day.
- Work as part of an agile development team to delivering impactful software rapidly and iteratively
- Write, test, and maintain software applications that are resilient, robust, and perform at scale
- Work closely with business partners to incrementally deliver positive customer inspired outcomes through technology
- Constantly look for opportunities to improve operational effectiveness through automation and optimization of code
- Encourage and drive the implementation of best engineering practices
- Act as strong technical leader and advocate for other members of your team
- 5+ years of Software engineering experience
- History of problem solving and taking ownership of features, with a team, on short and long-running projects
- Understanding of prioritization and when and how to make optimal tradeoffs in areas such as correctness, robustness, reliability, and performance to achieve the intended impact across all stages of the product development lifecycle
- Outstanding capacity to connect with others through strong written and verbal communication skills
- Any web development framework - e.g. Django, Ruby on Rails, Flask
- Data modeling, designing REST API’s, and micro services development
- Git/Github version control, and CI/CD for automated testing and deployment.
- Cloud technologies and services - e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes
- Modern Web UI frameworks - e.g. Angular, React, Vue
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies and basic SRE principles
- Experience with the WordPress, or other significant open source project, ecosystem and community
- Integration with 3rd party applications or ERP systems or familiarity with enterprise application integration patterns
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.