Sr. Software Engineer at SparkCognition
- Design, architect, and develop high-quality services, microservices and apis to advance the platform functionality of our products as well as for customer engagements
- Provide leadership and mentor junior engineers through code reviews, requirements documentation and validation, application, api and services architecture.
- Contribute to all phases in the software lifecycle
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools, apis, services, and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Direct interface with SparkCognition clients via phone, web, or on site including best practices on usage of our APIs and technologies
- Drive development and implementation of our client's requests and customizations
- Develop and ship software supporting a highly available, fault tolerant SaaS application
- Develop scalable solutions using distributed computing techniques
- Converse with customers regarding feedback, progress, and project requirements
- 5+ years of proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer.
- 3+ years of Python, C# and/or Java
- A passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Familiarity with microservice architectures and API design
- In-depth knowledge of both relational (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and non-relational databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related degree