Where Will You Work:
Our office is mere steps away from Union Station Ogilvie Transportation Stations, overlooks the Chicago River. We feel that Innovative thinking is usually done best over a free beverage and that's why our Digital Studio comes stocked with snacks and drinks. And, we have break-out areas that are conducive for having these discussions.
What You Will Do
As a Sr. Software Engineer with Ascension Technologies, you will contribute to the creation of our robust suite of cloud-native enterprise applications in the rapidly growing healthcare software industry. You will be a member of a dev team working collaboratively with others in an Agile organization to deliver software that sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
With more than 4,000 associates, Ascension Technologies enables access to data across applications, transforming how clinicians and patients interact with technology, which enhances our ability to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. Our associates leverage technology to create collaborative solutions that improve health decisions every day. We believe you should be a tech founder not a fixer - that's how we do tech at Ascension technologies. We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words, and we are developing software solutions to support that mission
- Write new or enhance custom software as a member of your Agile scrum team. Successfully contributing to software that is complex, secure, cloud-native, scalable, performant, high user/data volume, and part of a highly available distributed system without introducing a regression in any of these aspects.
- Ensure that your solutions are written with quality in mind with unit and integration tests. Code is correct, clean and follows best practices.
- Regularly participate in scrum activities, technical design, design reviews, code reviews and status updates.
- Work with team members to ensure that delivered code meets specifications based on functional/technical specifications
- Grow your knowledge of the solution areas that you represent.
- Grow your understanding of the value and impact that your solutions provide to Ascension and the community.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
• 1 year of experience required.• 4 years of experience preferred.• 2 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in OOAD, design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with microservice design and development.
- Experience designing and developing cloud-native, scalable, and highly available distributed systems
- Strong understanding of relational and NoSQL databases (MySql, Postgres, Mongo etc), SQL, and database/schema design
- Experience designing, developing and consuming RESTful API's
- Experience with API gateways (e.g. Apigee, Kong)
- Experience with message broker/event queue technologies (e.g. Rabbit, Kafka)
- 4-8 years professional experience in software engineering.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing in Java8+/Spring Boot
- Experience with TDD/BDD/DDD using JUnit, Cucumber etc.
- Experience with PCF and GCP
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.