Sr. Systems Engineer at SparkCognition
SGS is looking for a System Engineer who can help drive SGS Corporate IT initiatives. The ideal candidate has experience in deploying new solutions, monitoring and maintaining physical & virtual servers, troubleshooting Windows & Linux servers, and assisting with networking as needed. The position offers opportunities for designing new solutions to manage servers, endpoints, SaaS apps, IaaS and user authentication.
- Research, implement, and document solutions for servers & endpoint management, IAM, on/offboarding automation, SSO for SaaS apps, and public cloud resources (eg. GCP, AWS).
- Assist with updating and securing Corporate systems (eg. Linux, Windows, Active Directory, SaaS apps, Network)
- Collaborate with team to troubleshoot network & systems issues, perform root cause analysis, and prevent similar reoccurrences.
- Suggest improvements on monitoring process and tools as needed.
- Participate in on-call rotation to minimize downtime of internal resources.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years experience managing CentOS/Ubuntu on physical and virtual hardware, using Ansible and writing playbooks.
- Ability to deploy, update and troubleshoot physical assets (eg. Dell servers, Isilon, Synology, Switches, Access points)
- Must have functional knowledge of networking, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, VPCs, ACLs, security and troubleshooting.
- Automation scripting using Bash/Python
- Experience in Private, Hybrid and Public Cloud technologies
- Collaborative team player willing to learn new technologies
- Experience with monitoring platforms (Prometheus, Nagios, Zabbix)
- Strong written and verbal communication, organization and customer services skills.
- Familiarity with some of the following technologies:
- Automation/configuration management tools like Ansible, Distributed Shell, Parallel Shell
- Scripting languages like Shell, Bash, Python
- G Suite (Email, G Drive, etc)
- Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure
- Active Directory & Certificate Authorities
- Jamf, Desktop Central, SCCM
- Cloud networking and traffic management (VPCs, load balancers, network segmentation)