Sr. Web Engineer at Khoros
As a Senior Web Engineer within our Professional Services team, you are essential to our customers' success by designing and implementing Khoros' solutions optimally for their needs. On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for: understanding customer goals and guiding them to appropriate technical solutions; designing, implementing, and overseeing the development of these solutions; contributing to pre-sales efforts (feasibility, scoping, analysis, estimation); working with colleagues, as needed, throughout the design and delivery lifecycle.
Consistently recognized as a Top Place to Work, Khoros enables some of the world's best brands to create customers for life through its industry-leading Online Community, Social Media Management and Messaging products. At Khoros, our passion is to help the world's best brands create customers for life. We build products we're proud of, and we're passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you'll receive best in class development opportunities and the ability to work with customers like Samsung, HP, Sony and Visa.
Some of our amazing benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Annual merit and bonus plans
- Training and coaching
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Flexible hours and remote work
- Opportunities for advancement
- Working with customers to understand goals or requirements and guiding them to an appropriate technical solution; scoping, estimating, architecting, and implementing custom UX, middle tier functionality, and third party integrations on Khoros' core products; articulating complex technical concepts in layman's terms
- Overseeing the delivery of projects from a technical standpoint with the goal that the completed implementation adheres to the intended design and properly addresses the business requirements
- Leading the technical track of a project and delegating project tasks to other engineers; collaborating with other engineers to solve technical problems and unblock project tasks; executing code reviews
- Consulting with customers via phone and email, and occasionally in person, on Khoros UX, middle tier, and third party customization best practices
- Managing and accounting for your own time and activities
- Contributing to operational and process improvements within the department
- Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of professional web development experience. In lieu of a degree, an Associate Degree and 10+ years of directly relevant experience, or a High School Diploma/GED and 12+ years of directly relevant experience may be considered.
- 5+ years experience in a technical consulting role, or similar position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated presentation skills for small and large groups of people
- Experience with a server-side templating framework (e.g.: Freemarker, Velocity)
- Solid understanding of system architectures, familiarity with implementing third party APIs, and a proven track record of quickly integrating new technologies and concepts into your skill set
- Professional experience with:
- Feasibility analysis and scoping technical work using a variety of methodologies (formal and informal)
- Leading technical tracks of projects and delegating tasks to junior teammates
- Tactfully guiding and advising project stakeholders to avoid pitfalls and arrive at the best holistic solution to meet stated objectives.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
The budget for this role is up to $125k base salary range with a 15% Bonus. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications. Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience - talk with your TA to learn more.