SRE at Hudson River Trading
Our Systems team builds and maintains the computers, networks, data storage, operating systems, and software that allow our trading strategies and research cluster to run worldwide 24/7. We are looking for coders who like being challenged, hate to climb corporate ladders, and love working in fast-paced environments. Responsibilities are broad, bureaucracy is limited, and opportunities for improvement and impact are vast. Your main focus will be on tool development in Python. You’ll be improving and integrating our existing tools and libraries across the platform as well as designing and building new ones to make our trading, research, installation, and monitoring systems easier to manage and more reliable. Strong Python skills and development experience are required, along with general unix experience.The Skills:
- Python and shell scripting experience (required)
- Understanding of Linux/UNIX operating systems (required) (Debian preferred, but not required)
- Understanding of network protocols and file systems (optional)
- Experience with high performance computing development and administration (optional)
- Familiarity with systems configuration management and monitoring technologies (optional)
- BS / MS in Computer Science or related field
- Automation geek: you don't like to do the same task twice manually
- Ability to manage time efficiently, working independently and on a team
- Ability to debug and analyze problems quickly
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new skills effectively
- Ability to multitask and retain a high attention to detail
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.