Staff Back-end Engineer - Consumer Profile at Realtor.com
This position is open to work remotely in Canada
About The Role
We’re looking for a Staff or Sr. Staff Software Engineer in our enablement engineering community focused on the Consumer back end data platform. Joining our team provides the opportunity to deliver high quality technical implementations in the space of Personalization to support Realtor.com’s personalized consumer experience. Consumers are our north star and we aim to provide buyers, owners, sellers, and renters a best in class experience built on a modern tech stack. The role will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplinary pool of engineering and technology talent in close partnership with internal stakeholders across North America.
What you’ll do
- Design, build, and maintain our Consumer Profile service, solving for the challenges of today as well as building for the future.
- Work collaboratively in a community composed of Product Managers, Analysts, Scientists, and Engineers
- Understand the problem space of Consumer Personalization at Realtor.com and partner with multiple teams and product to define our technology roadmap
- Lead by example, process improvement initiatives to improve our practices and the quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
- Coach, mentor, and guide colleagues to deliver the best solution keeping in mind return on investment and total cost of ownership
- Actively seek out new technologies, evaluate them and make recommendations to integrate them into our solutions and products
- Contribute to building a team focused on quality, innovation, inclusion, and teamwork
- Work in a product development process that is primarily Agile/Scrum
- 10+ years experience in relevant fields (Building large-scale back-end services, data pipelines, etc.)
- Effective driver of improvement in software engineering practices (coding standards, code reviews, continuous integration, automation, performance testing, etc.)
- Passion for leading software development and design
- Experience in cloud-based architecture, development, and deployment (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Strong experience in REST API development and micro services architecture.
- Experience with ElasticSearch, GraphQL a plus
- Strong experience with build, test and deployment automation technologies
- Strong experience monitoring for SLAs, alerting, and remediating service disruptions
- Experience developing with one or more of the following: TypeScript, NodeJS, Java
- Experience with database systems, relational and/or NoSQL
- Experience in collaborating with other teams and mentoring junior developers.
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.#LI-BA1