Staff Engineer, Growth Infrastructure at Evernote
About the team
We aspire not only to make people more successful by using technology to improve their thinking but also to build an incredible company while doing so. As a Staff Engineer on Evernote’s Growth Infrastructure team you’ll design, build and scale the high-impact services that drive growth at Evernote. We are currently working on the next generation of our experimentation platform, personalization/recommendation engine, and overtaking the communications between our product and all of our users. We work to ensure that the over 200 million users who rely on Evernote have an engaging and personalized experience.
We are a creative, diverse, and analytical team, passionate about continuous learning around our customers’ behaviors. We value empathy for the customer experience, as well as a quantitative focus on driving business metrics. Our tools empower us to move fast and dive deep – building and deploying tests to anticipate and rapidly respond to our customer’s needs. We measure in days, not weeks, and monitor our experiments’ results in real-time.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering leaders to define, architect, and build new features.
- Lead the vision for our Portal to democratize experimentation and personalization
- Influence the core infrastructure of the Engineering organization as a whole by proposing solutions that allows it to support faster iteration while holding up global scale.
- Develop microservices with our new Kubernetes-based service deployment system
- Evolve experimentation, personalization, and communications platform, with an eye towards usability and adoption across Evernote engineering
- Mentor junior developers on the team.
What you’ve done
- You have 10+ years of software development experience
- Experience shipping modern web applications with powerful client side technologies (Angular, React, or Vue), performant backend services (Java, Python, Go, Node,js, or other) and using Cloud technologies .
- You have designed, architected, and implemented solutions from the ground up, taking production operations in consideration.
- You are dedicated to writing reliable, testable and maintainable code
- You are able to communicate complex concepts clearly and succinctly
- You’ve Earned a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or gained equivalent experience
What will make you successful
- Familiarity with experimentation & personalization at large scale.
- Ability to influence large groups of engineers.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.