Staff Java Software Engineer at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Staff Java Software Engineer to join us on our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Staff Java Software Engineer at Procore, you’ll join our team responsible for the architecture, design and development of systems, platforms and integrations of Procore’s business systems, including Procore’s commerce and entitlements platform infrastructure. This is a tremendous opportunity to build software solutions that support the backbone operations of Procore’s business and deliver excellent customer experiences.
This position will report to our Director, Software Engineering and will be based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA or in our downtown Austin, TX offices. We’re looking for candidates to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Design and build out Procore’s entitlements automation infrastructure, integrating CRM and ERP systems with the Procore product using Java, microservices, an event driven architecture and orchestration software
- Innovate and champion new tools, techniques, and integration processes to drive reliability and maturity of Procore’s distributed business systems
- Design and develop integrations between systems using object-oriented languages, microservices, ETL tools, middleware tools and business process automation/decision automation tools
- Collaborate with all levels of the technical team to evaluate technical solutions and design trade-offs
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to clarify requirements and review functionality
- Continuous learning and knowledge sharing of software engineering best practices, system integration approaches, industry trends, and emerging technologies
- Work in an Agile environment where innovation and teamwork are pillars of success
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related technical field
- 8+ years experience and deep expertise in object-oriented languages and design principles and methodologies, including experience with Java and the Spring framework are preferred
- Innovative and motivated problem solver with top-notch software design and implementation skills
- Previous success in a technical leadership role, with a track record driving system improvements to design, testing, security, reliability, and performance
- Strong understanding of integration strategies and techniques, including middleware frameworks, web services, REST, SOAP, and JSON
- Experience with Agile methodology, CI/CD, Systems and integration testing frameworks, build deployment pipelines using GitLab and AWS ecosystem, test driven development and version control systems
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.