Staff QA Engineer
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Staff Quality Assurance Engineer to join us on our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Staff Quality Assurance Engineer at Procore, you’re given the unique opportunity to partner intimately with our customer base, translating their fundamental needs into technological SaaS solutions. Backed by the might of our teams, we’ll provide you with the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles.
What you’ll do:
- Establish standards for teams and lead initiatives in collaboration with Product, Development, User Experience, and other internal groups.
- Set a direction for technical improvements and mobilize others around you to support these improvements from a tactical and strategic level.
- Demonstrate understanding of tradeoffs between technical, analytical and product goals, and be adept at formulating solutions that satisfy all of these needs.
- Develop fellow teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities.
- Have a significant impact that extends beyond the boundaries of your team, on projects such as:
- “Smart” Test Automation Runs: As we continue to build out a robust suite of automated UI tests we are working to build best in class solutions for running our automated tests including a system to automatically run change-based tests. We continue to iterate in order to make it a best in class solution for running our test suites.
- Microservice Integration Testing: We build, maintain and develop a wide series of microservices, and we’re constantly looking for innovative ways of automating the testing of them. Bring your innovative ideas to the table and be a part of the solution.
- Continuous Improvement: As a Staff Quality Assurance Engineer you will share your knowledge through lunch and learns, workshops and other means to help level up the organization and not just your team.
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years experience in full-stack Software Quality Assurance
- Extensive experience with SaaS-based products
- Proficient in building and maintaining automation frameworks
- Experience in working with and testing RESTful APIs
- Experience leading large initiatives with the ability to course correct as needed
- Ability to consistently evaluate current approaches to testing to continue to be industry best-of-class
- Proven track record at increasing a team’s velocity
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.