Are you passionate about leading by example and helping teams to elevate their software quality processes? Do you take pride in creating automated tests and CI processes that provide exceptionally fast feedback in creative dashboards & Slack hooks? Are you interested in building a healthcare platform that puts accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth?
We are building a ‘Center of Engineering Excellence’ at Babylon. Our aim is to build fast and safely. We are establishing a team of bar raising Quality Engineers across our software development community and we wish to extend this into Cloud Engineering. Our Cloud Engineering team is responsible for building a curated engineering experience for our development teams to self serve the infrastructure they require. This covers all CI/CD pipelines and serverless as well as more traditional infrastructure such as databases and CDN routes.
The role of ‘Staff Quality Engineer’ in Cloud Engineering will see you working daily with highly skilled cloud and software engineering, product, clinical safety & regulatory teams who build and operate our software applications.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- Contribute to the test strategy and plan
- Drive the team to an increased level of maturity around quality assurance and testing
- Keep abreast of the industry developments in Cloud and Infrastructure testing
- Introduce new tools and processes to support Continuous Integration
- Help teams to adopt TDD & ATDD
- Ensure high levels of test coverage
- Couch teams on how to develop and automate test cases & ensure they’re created at the right levels
- Improve on existing test reporting & traceability
- Support the automatic collection of quality metrics and subsequent improvements
- Conduct exploratory testing sessions involving various stakeholders
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 5 years experience working in the quality assurance of platform technologies
- Extensive experience working with infrastructure as code, and with infrastructure test tools such as Checkov, Terratest, Terraform-Compliance; ideally made open source contributions to said projects.
- Experience in establishing a testing approach in a platform team.
- Experience of continuous compliance and the use of compliance as code in regulated environments particularly around security and cost governance
- Contributed to or created documentation such as a Test Strategy & Plan
- Extensive experience with working with AWS as a cloud provider. Experience with both functional and non-functional aspects of Quality Engineering
- Experience with BDD, TDD, ATDD and how it can be applied to test infrastructure, backend services and frontends
- Understanding of setting automated tests as quality gates in CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent problem solving and analytical mindset - with the ability to manage quality engineering processes, especially in regulated environments
- Fantastic people, communication and team-working skills
NICE TO HAVE
WHAT WE OFFER
Whether you work in one of our amazing offices or a distributed team, Babylon is highly collaborative and fun! You’ll have a chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders. We have a learning environment where you can make an impact.
WHO WE ARE
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
DIVERSITY AT BABYLON
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description