Are you passionate about leading by example and helping teams to elevate their software quality processes? Do you take pride in creating automated tests and CI processes that provide exceptionally fast feedback in creative dashboards & Slack hooks? Are you interested in building a healthcare platform that puts accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth?
We are building a ‘Center of Engineering Excellence’ at Babylon. The role of ‘Staff Quality Engineer -SaMD’ will see you working daily with highly skilled software engineering, product and clinical safety teams who build and operate our two SaMD applications. Our aim is to build fast and safely. This is a pivotal individual contributor role tasked with introducing new and better ways of ensuring high quality, safety and compliance without sacrificing time to market through automation, testing early and testing often.
Projects we are working on:
React Native - We’re building brand new mobile apps with micro frontends which allows us to release faster and independently
Design System - We’re building a unified design system across our web and mobile apps to allow us to better consolidate our UI tests
Data - Our business depends on rich streams of data, we are developing innovative ways to optimise for the patient’s experience and the correct healthcare outcome
Wearables - we ingest millions of data points daily from wearable devices and our partners, we are utilising contract testing to ensure these integrations are always available
Machine Learning - Our Applied Scientists are working on bleeding edge optimisation and automations to improve patient care and the time it takes to provide an appropriate healthcare outcome
We have multiple Staff QE positions available & the day to day responsibilities and people you work with differ per business area. We aim to find a good fit based on your interests & the business needs.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- Contribute to the test strategy and plan
- Introduce new tools and processes to support Continuous Integration
- Help teams to adopt TDD & ATDD
- Ensure high levels of test coverage
- Automate test cases & ensure they’re created at the right levels
- Improve on existing test reporting & traceability
- Support the automatic collection of quality metrics and subsequent improvements
- Review & contribute to Clinical Safety & Regulatory documentation aligned to IEC 62304 & MDR 2017/745
- Conduct exploratory testing sessions involving various stakeholders
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience working in a regulated industry Experience working with micro services
- Contributed to or created documentation such as a Test Strategy & Plan
- Experience with automating test cases at the Acceptance and API levels
- Experience with tooling from either AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with both functional and non-functional aspects of Quality Engineering
- Experience with BDD, TDD, ATDD and how it can be applied to test both backend services and frontends
- Understanding of setting automated tests as quality gates in CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in one of more of the following programming languages - Python, Java, typescript
- Excellent problem solving and analytical mindset - with the ability to manage quality engineering processes, especially in regulated environments
- Fantastic people, communication and team-working skills
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working with micro frontends, experience of automating the creation of documentation for Traceability, and experience with writing unit & integration tests
WHAT WE OFFER
Whether you work in one of our amazing offices or a distributed team, Babylon is highly collaborative and fun! You’ll have a chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders. We have a learning environment where you can make an impact.
WHO WE ARE
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
DIVERSITY AT BABYLON
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description