Staff Software Development Engineer at ESO
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:16 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, August 11, 2021
As a member of ESO’s engineering team, you will report to the Development Manager and will be collaborating with our talented engineers and designers to build the next generation of ESO’s platform architecture. Work includes helping lead a team of developers to design and develop scalable systems and create best software architecture practices within the organization. Our development engineers are passionate about their craft and revel in shipping software that improves patient care. If you are ready to write elegant and innovative code that will effect real change, this is the job for you.
What You’ll Be Doing - the day to day
You can expect to work across the whole stack from front-end through back-end services, containers, serverless, devops, SQL, noSQL, C# (to name a few). We value competency, tenacity and problem-solving, and you will find plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and technologies, or even introduce your own best practices into your new team.
We are an Agile development shop and interact regularly with project stakeholders (both internal and customer), including demos from each sprint.
Who You Are - the essentials
· Five plus years’ experience
· Designing and developing scalable software systems.
· Event management
· C# and the .NET Framework
· Git for source control
· Cloud Platform knowledge: Azure (or similar)
Who You Are - the desirables
· Exposure to Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment practices
· Familiar with Domain Driven Design, Event Sourcing, CQRS patterns
· History of mentoring mid-level developers
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our US offices and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.
Read Full Job Description