Staff Software Engineer, Back End at RetailMeNot, Inc.
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:26 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, February 17, 2021
The Rewards Engineering team is responsible for the cashback rewards program and identity management at RetailMeNot. We build robust technology that can handle data at scale building out a consumer savings platform that can integrate with a wide variety of merchants. Our core mission is to create a seamless experience for our users in their quest for savings - we enhance the loyalty of our 40MM consumer base because of what we build.
As the Staff Software Engineer on our team, you will work closely with Product, Marketing and other teams to build features that enhance user experience and increase engagement with our products.
Do you like leveraging up and coming tools to solve challenging technical problems? Do you want to build a next-generation microservice application that can scale seamlessly? If so, we need you to join our team. We are looking for someone who loves collaborating, provides mentorship to junior engineers, debate, decide and deliver quality software that is maintainable.
We look forward to speaking with you!
Who You Are
- You have 7+ years of experience in backend software development including building scalable cloud-native backend systems and strong proficiency in microservices architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of event-driven architecture and other design patterns.
- Required experience in Python, Kafka/Kinesis, AWS, message queues like RabbitMQ or SQS and containerization (Docker & Kubernetes).
- You are also comfortable working with Java, Spring Boot, Postgres, and ReactJS.
- You have experience with common software engineering tools such as Git, Jira, Gitlab, Confluence or similar
- You have a track record of leading a team to build complex backend systems, while working with other teams to successfully identify ambiguous requirements and building best practices solutions.
- You display ownership, team-spirit, are a clear communicator, can lead cross-functionally and with empathy.
What You'll Do
- Lead the technical redesign efforts for the Rewards Team, including system design and architecture.
- Implement high performance, consumer scale web services to power cashback rewards in web and mobile applications.
- Create scripts to deploy software onto new and existing cloud server infrastructure.
- Collaborate with engineers to deliver complex features across systems.
- Drive the overall system design, architecture, security, scalability, reliability, and performance of applications
- Work with our product and marketing to create products and internal systems.
- Mentor junior engineers on software engineering techniques, process, and new technologies.
- Stay ahead of new technologies with an eye to evaluating/incorporating them into your team's architecture.
Who We Are
- We believe our technologists should make technology decisions. We give engineers extensive freedom to make technical choices and to collaboratively define our technical roadmap.
- We believe the role of engineering leadership is to create and maintain an organization that empowers engineers to thrive.
- We devote a ton of effort and resources to hiring and retaining a team of excellent engineers because we believe that extraordinary engineers are happiest when they have a supportive and equally exceptional team helping them to succeed and grow.
- We are a polyglot company that utilizes dynamic and static languages, some functional, and others object oriented.
- We use the newest service offerings of public cloud providers, as well as important open source technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love
together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot
makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back
offers, and the RetailMeNot Deal Finder™ browser extension. Savings are also provided in
consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package.
To learn more, visit http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
At RetailMeNot we celebrate difference. We are committed to ensuring an environment of mutual respect for every employee and proud to be an an equal employment opportunity employer who does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Read Full Job Description