Staff Software Engineer, Backend - Healthline at Red Ventures (Remote)
A unique division of Red Ventures, Health, is looking for talented, result-oriented, and innovative software engineers to join our team, responsible for building services and experiences for the various Health-related products within the vertical.
In addition to building applications that can hold up to our business's scale & growth, our team of engineers works collaboratively with the business leaders to come up with innovative solutions to grow the business. We love to build high-quality software and believe that there is real value in developing software to be easily understood, maintained, and extended. We are all about teamwork, accountability, innovation, and a customer-first approach. We work hard but do so in a collaborative, fun, and flexible work environment.
As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to work on mission-critical projects directly impacting the evolution of our business. You will be able to apply your programming skills towards building high throughput transactional services and highly performant web experiences. We always explore new technologies and engineer better solutions for demanding business needs.
We do not have any new Staff Engineer roles immediately available, but we are always eager to speak with prospective candidates and encourage you to apply. However, please note that our hiring process is currently operating at a slower pace than usual.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with Engineering Leadership assisting with the development of the architectural strategy for large-scale cross-cutting technology and product concerns
- Write secure, maintainable code that powers the world’s leading health site
- Have the opportunity to contribute new ideas, and the ability to share your knowledge within and outside of the Health organization
- Mentor/Coach other engineers on the team
- Be pragmatic, know how/what to balance to deliver software with the most impact on time
- Be an ambassador for our culture where employees and our users come first
- Be a champion for the team in leading and improving processes towards engineering excellence
Pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay Act, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in Colorado. The following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $130,000 - $172,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
What We're Looking For:
- Strong Full Stack experience; API development, experience with Microservices
- Mastery of languages and technologies - Go, Node
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, and to deliver results
- Great communication skills and experience/ability to work with fully remote teams
- Experience with the architecture and building of APIs
- 7+ years experience in a fast moving tech environment
- Constant curiosity and a desire to improve yourself and your colleagues
- Experience building and scaling high-performance distributed systems
- You're addicted to building high performing applications
- Interest in both frontend and backend development
- Contributions to open source projects
- COVID-19 Update:
- Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.
A Red Ventures Brand:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]