RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams strive to move us closer to our north star -- to empower the people who power the world. The Engineering team at RigUp leverages a variety of tools to enable and sustain a scalable and highly-resilient platform for delivering customer value. We are organized into agile, cross-functional product line teams consisting of engineering, product and design which allows us to develop deep expertise and rapidly deliver high-value features and functionality.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to help us build the next evolution of our platform as a scalable, service oriented architecture. We need a motivated and self-directed engineer who wants to deliver real business value. You seek to understand the purpose of your project and how it fits into the larger view. You help your team and peers align to the company vision and mission. You see mistakes as learning opportunities, not just for you but for your team as well. You consistently leave code and projects better than you found them. You love to up-level the engineers around you by setting a good example and investing time in helping them succeed.
Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
- Designing and building microservices using best of breed languages, frameworks, and technologies
- Providing technical leadership for multi-team engineering initiatives through clear written and oral communication to define and track dependencies and technical contracts
- Decomposing a Ruby on Rails monolith into equivalent microservices with clear boundaries of responsibility and contracts for integration
- Mentoring junior engineers on your team, providing guidance and support with a sense of stewardship for their growth
- Influencing the wider engineering team through demos, brown bag topics, and design proposals
What you should have:
- 6+ years of relevant software development experience
- Skills building backend services in a SOA or microservice architecture
- A background in Nodejs, Java, Go, Python
- Experience with cloud computing providers, order of preference: GCP, AWS, Azure
- Experience setting up and using CI/CD pipelines for your production services
- Familiarity with containerization and Kubernetes is a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails is a plus, but not required
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description