As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
The Engineering team at Workrise leverages a variety of tools to enable and sustain a scalable and highly-resilient platform for delivering customer value. We are organized into agile, cross-functional product line teams consisting of engineering, product and design which allows us to develop deep expertise and rapidly deliver high-value features and functionality.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to help us to continue to build the next evolution of our platform in a scalable, service oriented architecture.What you'll be doing:
- Designing, building, and maintaining Nodejs based microservices running on Google Kubernetes Engine
- Integrating with multiple 3rd party software providers
- Collaborating with Staff & Principal engineers to continuously evolve our technical infrastructure to support scaling transaction volume
- Mentoring engineers across the organization, providing guidance and support with a sense of stewardship for their growth
- Influencing the wider engineering team through demos, brown bag topics, and design proposals
- 6+ years of relevant software development experience, including team leadership roles
- Experience building production grade microservices
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with cloud computing providers, order of preference: GCP, AWS, Azure
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines for your production services
- Experience with remote collaboration with teams in different timezones
- Experience using agile processes such as Kanban and Scrum
- Good to have experience with pub/sub messaging technology like Google Pub/Sub, Kafka or equivalent
- Good to have experience with API query language like GraphQL
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Egos, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!