Staff Software Engineer - DevOps at Realtor.com
This positon is open to work remotely in US and Canada
Are you passionate about DevOps, AWS architecture, and building the practice through automation and engineering excellence? If so, please read on!
We are looking for a highly competent and highly motivated individual with automation and solution architecture experience in AWS, to be part of our Cloud Acceleration squad under our DevOps team to help maintain consistent high-quality software delivery practices across our organization. Our DevOps engineering team is responsible for building and supporting CI/CD pipelines, and automating solutions. We build and manage capabilities to ensure Realtor.com’s applications are delivered accurately, reliably and with speed. We use both open source and in-house developed technologies to provide developers with the best possible CI/CD platforms and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects; defining implementation architectures, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform; and being a subject matter expert on best DevOps practices.
- Develop, support and maintain CI/CD frameworks to make it easier for developers to build and deploy their code into the AWS Cloud
- Train, evangelize, and mentor our engineering teams to raise the bar, increase DevOps maturity, and our ability to execute on the company’s goals. You will embrace continuous learning and foster this objective in others
- Coordinate closely with the development teams, ensuring that they have the tools, know-how, and processes to achieve their goals
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations
- Ensure that the goals of performance, security, resilience, cost optimization, and operational efficiency are an integral part of all of our projects.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of hands-on software development, Operations, DevOps engineering, or systems architecture
- 5+ years of strong programming and automation experience – you believe you can automate everything
- 4+ years of experience in scripting languages such as Python, NodeJS or Bash etc.
- 5+ years of experience working with AWS services(EC2, ECS, VPC, ELB, S3, CloudFormation, RDS, SQS, Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, SNS, CloudFront, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with Kubernetes (can be on premise, EKS, AKS, or GKE)
- 4+ year of experience build & release automation tools and methodologies such as Jenkins
- Expert in Infrastructure as Code and writing Cloudformation templates
- Have experience writing Jenkins pipeline as code in Groovy
- Familiarity with Splunk, Artifactory, HashiCorp Vault
- Familiarity with scanning tools such SonarQube, Checkmarx, Synopsys Hub
- Offer technical support where needed
- Fluent with git at the command line
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems within and across teams
- Experience working in an iterative based development environment using Agile/SCRUM or Kanban
- Self-starter with ability to lead processes and projects
- Must be comfortable collaborating with teams to design solutions that solve business needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with interest to teach and mentor other engineers with varying domains of expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience is preferred
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.#LI-DW1