Staff Software Engineer, DevOps/Cloud Infrastructure at Workrise (Austin, TX)
RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams strive to move us closer to our north star -- to empower the people who power the world. The Engineering team at RigUp leverages a variety of tools to enable and sustain a scalable and highly-resilient platform for delivering customer value. We are organized into agile, cross-functional product line teams consisting of engineering, product and design which allows us to develop deep expertise and rapidly deliver high-value features and functionality.
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer to help us build the next evolution of cloud infrastructure. We are open to Austin or Belfast!
What you'll be doing:
- Architecting, creating, and maintaining a Kubernetes based microservice ecosystem that empowers our application teams to rapidly and securely deliver value
- Designing and developing DevOps processes and tools to automate and audit operations
- Implementing easy to use tooling to provide platform level resources to application teams as a source of best practice standards
- Collaborate with our application teams to understand their pain points and ensure their success
- Championing constant improvement of our methods to deploy & support RigUps cloud architecture
- Manage projects through completion
- Mentoring devops engineers across the organization, providing guidance and support with a sense of stewardship for their growth
- Influencing the wider engineering team through demos, brown bag topics, and design proposals
What you should have:
- 5+ years supporting a high availability cloud environment in a DevOps or SRE role
- Extensive networking skills (VPC, VPN, TCP/IP, routing, load balancing, DNS)
- Experience provisioning, deploying, and supporting containers with Helm / Kustomize, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Deploying and supporting end-to-end CI/CD (Git, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Ansible, etc.)
- Hands-on monitoring tool usage (SumoLogic, Stackdriver, Grafana, Prometheus)
- Experience with containerization and infrastructure as code technologies, preferably Terraform
- Experience with remote collaboration with teams in different time zones
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!